What season do you model?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by nachoman, Dec 1, 2007.

What season do you model?

1. winter

4 vote(s)
  2. spring

7 vote(s)
  3. summer

30 vote(s)
  4. autumn

11 vote(s)
  1. tetters

tetters Rail Spiking Fool!

Undecided for me. I'm flirting with the idea of making my small little corner of the world into a very dense & dirty urban setting. By packing as much structure into it as possible, with tightly clustered buildings, and street overpasses. I don't see much room for much natural growth except maybe some weeds and small bushes or saplings.

So if I ultimately decide to go that route. I could say that it is pretty much anytime of the year. It could be -10 it could be 40 degrees Celcius. Take your pick its still very dense and dirty day in the city.
  2. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

I think most of the layouts I've seen with more than one season depicted did not try to blend from one season to another. Rather what is done most often is that the layout is divided into view blocks with the different seasons done in what would be a series of dioramas with view blocks between so that you can't see winter from summer, etc.
  3. DeckRoid

DeckRoid Member

I am building fall. I like the colors and everyone in my club does summer and I wanted to see something different.

But if I ever get my Super Room? I will do Fall, Winter and Summer just different scenes with blinds between 'em.
  4. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

As Russ said I will do something with viewblocks.

That idea is interesting though...
  5. santafewillie

santafewillie Member

I model late spring. Like Deano said, summer is brown around here also. I have also noticed that many fall layouts seem to overdo it a bit.
  6. myltlpny

myltlpny Member

I model the summer, but I've seen some fall layouts that look really good. There was one, I believe it was in RR Model Craftsman, that was set in late fall, with many bare trees, that was absolutely amazing.
  7. brakie

brakie Active Member

Summer..Its the best time of the year..
  8. hmas

hmas Member

My set is outside in the weather.
    I suppose I model them all?
    In sth Oz at the moment there is only 2 seasons hot & dry or not so hot, & dry.
  9. jetrock

jetrock Member

Late summer--harvest season. My layout has an agricultural focus so the busiest season for traffic is late summer to early fall, when there's a rush to get things to the canneries.