Votes: 30 57.7%
  • autumn

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
Jan 21, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Undecided for me. I'm flirting with the idea of making my small little corner of the world into a very dense & dirty urban setting. By packing as much structure into it as possible, with tightly clustered buildings, and street overpasses. I don't see much room for much natural growth except maybe some weeds and small bushes or saplings.

So if I ultimately decide to go that route. I could say that it is pretty much anytime of the year. It could be -10 it could be 40 degrees Celcius. Take your pick its still very dense and dirty day in the city.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Are you going to have a clear cut-off line between each season, or blend gradually from one to another. I think the latter option would be extremely difficult to pull off, but would look spectacular if done right. Has anybody seen this done successfully before?

HD

I think most of the layouts I've seen with more than one season depicted did not try to blend from one season to another. Rather what is done most often is that the layout is divided into view blocks with the different seasons done in what would be a series of dioramas with view blocks between so that you can't see winter from summer, etc.

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
I am building fall. I like the colors and everyone in my club does summer and I wanted to see something different.

But if I ever get my Super Room? I will do Fall, Winter and Summer just different scenes with blinds between 'em.

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Late summer--harvest season. My layout has an agricultural focus so the busiest season for traffic is late summer to early fall, when there's a rush to get things to the canneries.