Im On30 but just to be different I do it in the garden

011106%20(9).JPG

:) John

RJR Branch Line
www.rjroriginals.co.uk/rjr_branch_line.htm

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
oldtanker: Thats room for a ride on scale train set. I thought about G scale for a short time until I saw all of the weeds come up last spring. We have every noxious weed known to man here in Montana and I just can't see myself trying to keep them out of a garden railroad.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
We have a type of weed called Spotted Knapweed that got imported from central Asia many years ago. It takes a special herbacide called Tordon to kill the stuff. If left alone, the roots will go down fifteen or twenty feet. To top it off, you have to wear gloves when pulling it . If not, you get an infection that won't heal. Maybe I could prune it to look like mini trees for a garden railroad.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Before this gets out of hand, I will say that O27 is a scale. You really don't hear to much about O27 that much. You mostly hear about O, On3, & On30 these days. For those of you that don't know what O27 Scale is here is a link: http://www.thortrains.net/027stand.htm

I have a list of all the scales that our out there in this world, and if you don't understand what they mean or are let me know & I will get the information for you like I did above. Now back on with the subject.:wave:

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Does anyone still model TT gauge? This should bring a few "what's TT gauge?" comments. I can't even remember the ratio to the real world for TT.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Jim Krause said:
Does anyone still model TT gauge? This should bring a few "what's TT gauge?" comments. I can't even remember the ratio to the real world for TT.

Jim here is some info on TT Gauge.

TT scale is a niche model railroading scale, whose name stands for Table Top. Its 1:120 scale (from a common engineering scale where one inch equals ten feet) and 12 mm gauge sizes it almost halfway between HO scale (1:87) and N scale (1:160). Its original purpose, like the name suggests, was to make a train small enough to be able to assemble and operate it on a tabletop.

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
This poll is quite odd, because I remember seeing polls in model railroader with results showing the gap between HO and the other scales being much, much greater. I thought HO was 70%+, N was 16%, O was 8%, etc...

I model in both HO and On3. For those that know of On30, but not On3, On30 is 30" guage trains in O scale...On3 is 36" gauge trains in O scale. 36" gauge is much more accurate for american prototypes (such as Bachmann's mogul, BLI's consolidation), but it generally is more of a craftsman gauge due to the a lack of RTR equipment and difficult to find flex track (no sectional track available). Fortunately, the influx of high quality On30 models has given us a good supply of cheap equipment that just needs to be regauged by 3/32" and it increases the interest in narrow gauge modelling.

I used to model in N, G, and HOn3. I still occastionally dabble in HOn3.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
A friend of mine in highschool got into TT gauge when it originally came on the scene. At that time (mid 1950's there was quite a bit of equipment available. I often wondered why it never developed. Sounds like a good compromise between HO and N scales.