What scale do you model and or operate?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by NSnosteam, Sep 23, 2006.

What scale do you model

1. Z

0 vote(s)
  2. N

0 vote(s)
  3. HO

0 vote(s)
  4. S

0 vote(s)
  5. O

0 vote(s)
  6. G

0 vote(s)
  7. Real scale

0 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Those who know model HO sign1
  2. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Ho for me. I have enough trouble modeling in ho, I couldn't imagine trying to model in n scale. Seeing what robin used to do with cardboard in n scale was just plain amazing.
  3. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

I model in O and S scale. I'm not picky about operatioin though, I'll operate any scale. :D By the way, I operate the 12" to the 1' for a living.

:D :D

4. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

I model in HO & N Scale. I like both scales. In HO I am doing the Chessie System Railroad & in N Scale I will be doing the Pennsylvania Railroad
  5. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

Started in HO because I picked up a couple of sets cheap but after talking to the N scaler at the local club I made the switch to N for lack of room:thumb:
  6. NSnosteam

NSnosteam New Member

Ok well it seems as if HO scale is very popular around here!

7. train1

train1 Member

'N' right from the beginning
  8. AndyWS

AndyWS Member

Mainly HO, I also have some N scale equipment that serves as an easily portable layout (a Kato Unitrack train set plus the K2 turnout set).
  9. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Started in N scale. Then I got into detailing and scratchbuilding and switched to H0 for the availability of detail parts. Got bitten by the Narrow Gauge Bug and so I switched to H0n30 (then called H0n2-1/2) narrow gauge (using up my N scale track).

After I hiatus I returned an switched definitely (???) to H0 and H0n3. N is too small for my eyes now. :(
    And yes, I have some 0 scale models, too - but no track to run them.

10. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

HO is a very popular scale Bradin. A good amount of the members here do model in HO. Then there are some that model more than one scale.
  11. Alan Bickley

Alan Bickley Member

I, too, model HO. So much so that I model it in British outline. Not many of us around!!
  12. Twiget

Twiget Member

Another HO nut here.:thumb:
  13. MadModeler

MadModeler Member

Likewise :D

However, I've tinkered with N scale and am willing to try other scales.:D
  14. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

On 30 here. I found n scale to small for me [I tried HOn 30] but HO was fine so I jumped to O scale and loving it.
  15. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

It appears I am with the majority - HO - at least for my own modelling. However, I have had a hand in others at least on occasion - G, S, N, and hopefully will get into some 1:1 soon at the local museum (time permitting - when do we switch to the 27 hour day...?).

16. kirkendale

kirkendale Member

'O' scale here. I belong to a club. :thumb: Since there is no room at home I am planning on a small HO shelf layout.
  17. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Though I model in HO and operate in N, I got a special place in my heart for a scale that's big enough to use full size power tool motors.:thumb:
  18. ratjag

ratjag Member

HO again, although I have had TT. Built an N for my lads. Operated friends and club's HO layouts.:) ( brit OO as a youngster)
    Almost forgot----I also had a G outdoor layout in the garden of my last residence
  19. Switchman73

Switchman73 New Member

HO , but its all comming to an end. I'll be starting An N layout after x-mas. Just starting the planning and gathering of supplies, o yah, did i mention i have nothing in N scale as far as any engines or rolling stock. Bet the wifes gunna be happy
  20. n2trains

n2trains Member

I am pretty much required to model in N-Scale, though I dabble a little in HO because, as I found out 8 months after I moved down to So Cal, there's a model railroad club about 3 minutes from my house (WALKING time). Heh, wish I'd have known a lot sooner, though they do meet on nights I can't make it, once in a while I get in there. And HO rolling stock kits are cheaper than dirt compared to N-Scale, and it's good practices since I have never had too much of a knack at things requiring building/working with the hands. Getting better thanks to the Proto 2k Kits. THANK YOU P2k!