• Z

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N

• Nn3(40")

• Nn30

• More than 1 N scale gauge (please post)

• TT

• TTn3

• HO

• HOn2 (2ft)

• HOn3 (3ft)

• HOn30/HOe/HO2 1/2 (30")

• More than one HO scale gauge (please post)

• OO

• S

• Sn3

• More than one S gauge (please post)

• O(17)

• O

• On2

• On3

• On30

• More than one O gauge (please post)

• Mixed scales and gauges (please post)

• Not listed (please post)

• I'm not answering; Paulsen's a nut.

• G - Added by N Gauger

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by jon-monon

Sheesh! and at what point, Mikey, did the boss put her foot down? And do you miss her as much as anticipated??? :D :D :D You've got more layouts than a lot of guys have engines! Breifcase, huh, I wondered what we do with z :) No Zn3??? hohoho :)

Well, Ya see, "Da Boss lady" puts it like this:

He can have trains all over the God D**M house BUT NOT IN MY OFFICE!!!!!!

So I put a 4" wide shelf around my Dining room walls about 5" below the ceiling (Running HO Shay). I have a 8' long 1 x 6 in the Living room (HO Franklin Mint & IHM GG-1) 2 tracks, and the G in the basement (3 levels).

The N in the Coffee table & The Z in the briefcase - are too small to count. :) :)

I keep the Standard gauge on a shelf in our Bedroom and The Engine is in the workroom in the basement.

So the Kitchen, 2nd bedroom, Bathroom & "Her Majesty's Office" are still unexplored territory. ROFL :) :) :)

Pretty good for living in the house for 10 Years eh?? - I've been building platforms & operating trains since 1984 :) :) :)

~~ Mikey

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by rich maiorano
damm and I can't even get my n-scale up and runing mikey and jon you are not the only one around who needs meds:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek: rich

Yeah, but remember we have you out-numbered. It took 3 of us to hang the HO in the dining room and 2 for the Living room.

The small ones I did by myself.. :D :D :D

~~ Mikey

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
:D :D :D LOL :D :D :D

N-Gauger, you need to change your handle. Maybe all gauger. You da man! Take yer meds ;) It's not that bad, and it keeps nurse Ratchet off yer back and you'll have nice dreams about hoppers full of LuisVille Sluggers! :D :D :D

Seriously, it's nice to hear what everyone is running.

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by jon-monon
:D :D :D LOL :D :D :D

N-Gauger, you need to change your handle. Maybe all gauger. You da man! Take yer meds ;) It's not that bad, and it keeps nurse Ratchet off yer back and you'll have nice dreams about hoppers full of LuisVille Sluggers! :D :D :D

Seriously, it's nice to hear what everyone is running.

LOL - Yeah, but All gauger doesn't have a "ring to it" :)

The N Gauge layout we had from 1985 to '87 was where I got the moniker.

It was 12 X 10 - 120 ft of track, 16 switches (including a 5 ladder yard 5 Ft. long). 1400 ft of wiring, (we had a 4 x 8 Model board with all working detector lights and switch indicator lights.

It was awesome!! We could run 4 trains on it at once with regular MRC throttles.

~~ Mikey

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
Jan 26, 2001
Canyon City, Oregon, USA
http
I have modeled in HO for many years, but early in 2000 I started an N-scale layout project and haven't spent much time with the HO since. (The N-scale layout is DCC; the HO is DC)

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Originally posted by N Gauger

I always wondered why you went by N Gauger but the pics i've seen were of G scale stuff.

I do HO standard gauge. And a "throttle's way up" 027 scale Chirstmas tree looper'

t.

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by t. alexander
Originally posted by N Gauger

I always wondered why you went by N Gauger but the pics i've seen were of G scale stuff.

I do HO standard gauge. And a "throttle's way up" 027 scale Chirstmas tree looper'

t. [/B]

Yeah, that layout took the most time to build - Mostly because of the wiring. And it was the ONLY layout to have all 8 "Club Members" work on it. :)

It wasn't much in scenery, but it had a 4' 3" long N Scale Viaduct that the trains would climb up to get to the second level... It was awesome!!!!! LOL The track raised to 2.5" on a 4' long grade. Then it would enter onto the viaduct and climb another 2.5" on the viaduct.

~~ Mikey

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Who's the other OO gauger?
I'm modelling British OO scale on HO gauge track; I promised to switch to one of the scale gauges if they came up with wide gauge wheels for my SD40.
I've got a really weird toy gauge that I use for the Xmas tree train -- about 1". And I still have a bit of Lionel and N. Plus my HO stuff. (This should go in the Pack Rat thread)

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
I'm into N-guage, or I should say hubby & I are. It was his hobby before we got married and now we are setting the track back up. I want to do a replica of a N & W (former Wabash) switchyard that was located in extreme NW Ohio. That one will be a while down the road tho. Need to so some more research on it -- getting some conflicting info. But I have some good leads and only time will tell.

txcavgr

Jan 20, 2003
auburn, ME - SLR mile 29.34
Visit site
I model primarily in N, MEC/B&M.

I am working on designing a 2 rail O scale switching layout, hopefully for my new office.

I also model HO, and sold my basement (house) last year that had a 20x25 Austrian layout in it. When I can model Austrian again, I am also going to have a couple of narrow guage lines, HOe, on the layout.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Thirty-five years back I started out in N scale. Then I advanced to scratchbuilding cars and rebuilding locos.

When I was reading a book about the Maine two-footers, I was bitten by the narrow gauge bug. About the same time I discovered that there existed a wealth of detailing parts in H0 scale. (Do Kemtron and Cal-Scale mean something to you? :D )

So I switched to H0n2-1/2 (ok, today it's H0n30"), modelling Maine prototypes, and using up my N scale track and loco mechanisms. At that time Frary and Hayden were the gurus of that gauge. But then I saw a Westside C-16 and lost my heart to the Colorado 3-footers.

But then came family, job, computers :eek: ... and a 25 year hiatus to model railroading. :eek: :(

-------------------------------------------

But NOW I'M BACK!!! :) :) :)
And now I'm in H0 scale - both standard gauge (only a little bit of it visible, providing a connection to the wide world) and mainly H0n3 (connecting people and industries all over Trim Creek county ;) ).

Ron

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
I have been an N Scaler for 25 of my 31 years, although I started with HO for a 2 year period and I confess that I spent another 4 years during which time I again followed the path of the dark side:eek:.
Lately though, I have had the "Garden Spirits" tugging at me to build them a garden railway, now that I have a big front yard to put one in:rolleyes:.
I already have an LGB loco and 4 cars, so I guess that I will have to start this summer.

Terry.