What paper would you recommend ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by dizaster66, Nov 18, 2007.

1. dizaster66

dizaster66 New Member

Hi all

Title says it all.

I have some presentation paper (160g/m2)

or two types of photocopy paper (75g/m2 and 80g/m2)

or should I be looking for something in between these ??

say 110g/m2 ??

Many Thanks

2. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

To do what? What you wish to build?
    If you want to build something very small I recommend you a 110-120 g/m2 paper. For something bigger use the 160 g/m2 card.
  3. David H

David H Member

If building a digital kit I would happily mix thick and thin depending on the component in question. Parts that have radical curves or are very tiny I would opt for thin. you could strengthen the part with glue or more card...

That's the fun!

4. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

David H is right , I've build my IAR-80 from ModelArt using a mix of 120 and 160 g/m2 card.
    Altrough the BA-64 from link to pirate models removed was build using only 160 g/m2 card
  5. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

I hated to do this but the site linked to in Dragos post has two Maly Modelarz models posted. Since there is no permission posted from MM on the site the link to it had to be removed. From what I could gather from the Google translator I don't believe the site owner is a witting pirate but...... :cry:

Not your fault Dragos. :)

PS Normally in instances like these we send an explanation via PM to the poster. In this case since this appears to be an unusually good site otherwise, I thought a public explanation to be better.
  6. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Sorry about that!
    I haven't visited the site lately . I liked very much the BA-64

7. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

I've visited the site. You are right , they have pirate models :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Too bad, I like the original models they have.......:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

NULLMOON Member

:twisted:NAVIGATOR SILK TOUCH 120GSM best paper ive ever used:twisted:
  9. josve

josve Active Member

As mentioned earlier in the thread it depends what models you will build.
    For parts to be rolled, like axels and other small rolled parts plain 80grams will do fine.
    For other parts,and this is for vehicles and armoured cars and tanks.
    I have measured the thickness in my kits,and almost all lies around 0,2mm thickness.
    I bought some special paper from Moduni that was 170grams, and that was very good.I also have 180 and 200grams that will work fine in a tank.
    Now I only build from the kits, so I'm not using much paper anymore :)