What Music you into?

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Card Modeler Lounge' started by Eyeonmal, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Eyeonmal

Eyeonmal New Member

Hi All,

Just wondering what sorts of music you all listen to? Any particular artists/bands/genres?

I love all sorts but just would dig hearing what you guys are into, especially if it's good music I've never heard of, always keen to hear good new music.
  2. Eyeonmal

Eyeonmal New Member

Some bands/artists I love are:

Radiohead, Mutemath, Pink Floyd, Weezer, Ben Folds, Beck, Foo Fighters, John Mayer, Crowded House, Creedence, U2, Led Zeppelin, Pavement
  3. inky

inky Member

I have to say I like all of what Eyeonmal likes but I do have to add Creed, Match box 20, Metallica, Aerosmith, 3 door down, Jimmy Hendrix, Hinder, Live, Black Crows, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Celtic Thunder, Trans Siberian Orchestra, and Erik Clapton. I could go on and on. I just love music.
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I will stay in this century plus 11 years as classical music is really almost all i can listen too as of late.

Camille St.Saens, Fantasaie (had to slip one in there). YES, Hendrix, Moody Blues, Return to Forever, Weather Report, Santana, Pink Floyd, U2 (though, their recording quality is some of the worse ever sold), Simon and Garfunkel, Paul Simon, Emerson Lake and Palmer, I met Mary Travers many times, and she knew me when she saw me, from Peter Paul and Mary, and I sung all those songs to my son and he likes them, Frank Zappa (he was nuts, and not all of his stuff, but a lot of it). There's more, but I am feeble minded and just can't remember through the fog of time and other things. :)
  5. Experimental Designs

Experimental Designs Papercraft Visionary

Where to start because I listen to a rather large variety of music...

YES, Journey, Zac Brown Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Boston, Chicago, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bob Seager, ES Posthumus, X-Ray Dog, Nine Inch Nails, Two Steps from Hell, Meat Loaf, Alan Jackson, Pink Floyd, Dean Martin, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Genesis, Bryan Adams, Collective Soul, Creed, Josh Turner, Sarah Evans, Billy Currington, Little Big Town, Lifehouse, 3 Doors Down, Grateful Dead, 30 Seconds from Mars, One Republic, Beatles, Grand Funk Railroad, The Who, Alabama, Explosions in the Sky, Foo Fighters, Creedence Clear Water Revival, Charlie Pride, Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly and the Crickets, The Doobie Brothers, Dave Matthews Band...

The list can go on. I also listen to a huge selection of various soundtracks from movies and video games for "ambience".

My all time favorite group is probably YES, although ES Posthumus is on par with YES depending on the mood.
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I was stuck on Close to the Edge for a long time, then "Relayer", but between "AWBH" and "Tales of Topographic Oceans", of all the music I have ever owned, if I could only keep one piece, it would be "Tales of Topographic Oceans". At least that seems to have quite a good interpretation of creation, and the album feels like, company. Nous Somme Du Soleil will endure for eons I believe.

7. Sanginus

Sanginus Member

Hi all, i like it loud and
    i like heavy metal in all variations.
    most that titles with slow parts,
    and if it gets really heavy then!
    Group or artist, no matter! :)

For example, hear this song:

"fear factory"

8. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

I'm mostly into Metal (all kinds), some rock and I love soundtracks (Steve Jablonsky, Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, Alan Silvestri, James Horner) to name a very few...
  9. kanohidragon

kanohidragon New Member

My favourite bands is: Seether, Pantera, Metallica and Nightwish(yeah. very mixed :p)
  10. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Of course Cradle of filth: Cruelty and the beast is one of my all-time fave albums. Whenever I'm extremely angry I just put that or Pantera on, and in no time I'm as calm as a kitten! :p
  11. arkon

arkon Member

johny horton,slayer . covers it all
  12. snark1950

snark1950 New Member

i like a little bit of most everything but for working on stuff I prefer www.radiorivendell.com/ they play soundtracks,celtic, game music, the stuff you hear at Ren fairs, and some I dont know what catogory it would go in. Pretty much no word to be distracting
  13. Eric Ferguson

Eric Ferguson Member

OMG, where to begin, where to end. I go from very early Classical (Renaissance, etc. "Hebrides Overture" based on 7 notes) up to Meatloaf. On my pirate radio show, said it went from Scott Joplin to Janis Joplin and beyond. Jimmy Buffet, Judy Collins, The Limeliters, Leonard Cohen (Dance Me to the End of Love, Hallelujah, Closing Time). And *that* is just the tip of a very large iceburg. Oh yeah, forgot Jazz, oldies, BS&T, and a local a capella group called Oak, Ash and Thorn (from medieval to 20th century, use to buy'em beers at Ren Faire). Can't forget musicals. There is a lot of peop;e, gtoups, and genre's others mentioned, had me goin', yeah, yeah, yeah (OK, Beatles, Stones, Zombies.....) Where, oh where do I stop....... <G>
  14. valmy33

valmy33 Member

The name of this group is Rust. A group of Marseille - France. Listen ! This music is as strong as stainless steel. ; )

To listen without moderation.

15. Wojtee

Wojtee Member

Haha, i am into most kinds of music :) I even make some.
    With a group of friends we have pub jam sessions, where (in addition to drinking beer) we play some (mostly) acoustic (mostly) Country/Hobo/Folk songs...
    (me: http://bedafred.rajce.idnes.cz/HRANI_V_BEROUNE_1.11.2012/#IMG_7213.jpg)
    My another me sings in classical SATB choir.
    My another me sings his children to sleep :)

So, I do not listen much to the kind of music I make.

Listening goes in waves. Now I am in latino (salsa, bachata etc.) wave to compensate the starting winter (Classics - Ray Baretto, Ruben Blades)). There are old punk waves (Sex Pistols, Ramones...), intermingling with ska (both old and new, from Slackers to Ska-P). Sometimes a cabaret wave emerges, and then it starts getting interesting (strange creatures like Ditty Bops, Coco Rosie or Amanda Palmer (Dresden Dolls or not)).
    Plus of course there are some interesting Czech bands, which are indescribable even in Czech, not to mention in English :D
  16. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

something like this:

17. tigerback

tigerback tigerback

Give a listen to the Black Keys. Also Homemade Jamz Blues Band. I'm an old long-haired rock'n'roller. You're never too old to Rock and Roll! I actually like any kind of music except Opera and 99% of all Rap and Hip-Hop.
  18. Norjax

Norjax New Member

Heavy Metal from NWBHM to Thrash: Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Accept, old Metallica, Testament, Overkill, Helloween, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Rebellion, etc.

I prefer the “clean” vocals of Power-type metal as opposed to the “sore throat” vocals of Death-type metal. I just bought Rebellion's new album: Arminius - Furor Teutonicus.
  19. Kiyoshi

Kiyoshi Member

I listen to pretty much anything, as long as it ain't in Dutch :) I am not one for lyrics, I never listen to those, and dutch music makes me painfully aware of the emptiness of most lyrics. Stuff I listen to: Classical music, old and new (for example Heinrich Schütz, Haydn, Sibelius, Shostakovitch, Copland, Gubaidulina, Pärt), Jazz, Rock & Pop, contemporary stuff (electronic, dubstep, singer songwriters... pretty much everything that catches my fancy one way or the other).

Favourites at the moment: Nero, Nightwish, Rammstein, Asaf Avidan, Antony & the Johnsons, Kaliopi, Toufic Faroukh, Astor Piazolla (Tango!), Lindstrom, Calle 13, Trombone Shorty... and much more xD
  20. Vince

Vince Member

Well, here's the CD collection on my office desk: Mozart, Tina Turner, John Anderson, Trisha Yearwood, Black Sabbath, George Jones, Beatles, Hall & Oates, Another Tina Turner, Tchaikovsky, Weird Al, Mama Mia soundtrack, Journey, Styx, and four Christmas albums. So I guess I qualify as Eclectic.