What kinds of models would you like to see designed?

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by cgutzmer, Sep 1, 2008.

What would you like to see designed

1. Military general (please specify)

46 vote(s)
  2. Civilian general (please specify)

25 vote(s)
  3. Sci-Fi

134 vote(s)
  4. Real Space

35 vote(s)
  5. Cars

29 vote(s)
  6. Tanks

34 vote(s)
  7. Planes - Civil

32 vote(s)
  8. Planes WWI

28 vote(s)
  9. Planes WWII

38 vote(s)
  10. Planes Post WWII

44 vote(s)
  11. Animals

11 vote(s)
  12. Other (please specify)

64 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I'm 62 and I voted for the SP2V and Op2E. A valiant aircraft that countless men like myself flew on.
  2. Here is a picture

Attached Files:

3. The P2 Served countless countries beside the US. It is still in use today by some countries for coastal patrol. It has a long a illustrious history including the record for distance that held until recently.
  4. two more

Attached Files:

5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i didnt think id be able to say it but..theres a plane im not too familiar with. hmmm....
  6. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Wish list

I'd like to see more in the way of everyday buildings, rather than famous landmarks. (Canon do enough great models like that) Scaled for OO, HO or N gauge railways, they'd be really useful. As a building is generally not made of difficult-to-model shapes, it's within most people's ability to design. I personally have been thinking of producing some models of houses that I could scale for OO or HO, especially French ones as that's where I live now. As I don't have a website, I'd have to "give" them to someone who has the facility for distributing them. Please let me know where I could send designs to. As they'd be "freelance", rather than actual buildings, there'd be no copyright problems.

Re. Sci-Fi. You imply that "branded" sci-fi subjects are off because of copyright. How, then, do so many designers produce so much "Trek" and "Star Wars" stuff? Is it only if they're given away that there's no problem, or does each designer approach the film makers for permission? If so, the film companies must be swamped with requests.

7. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

>civil airliner aircraft(mostly patriotic repaints for Philippine Airlines and/or Air Philippines)
    >Military(also repaints for Phil. Air Force markings/schemes)
    -US and Russian Super carriers and Submarines,(so i can make RC diving/surface boats)
    >Real Space, all the real vehicles that Never made it into paper/plastic models.

>Sci-Fi, yukikaze i like best, also to base my RC models from(making sumthing NO OTHER rc modeler EVER seen.)

>Others, tank gun rounds, different tank guns, 1/24th scale 'Armor Trash Stuff' to fill my marui 1/24 M1A2 RC.
    thats it.
  8. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

Ok Lex, I'll take a shot here, copywrite ? And heavy duty wreckers would be cool, plus anything that flies, dives, or rolls.
    StevO, where did you get the truck pic, thats in Dallas TX, my old hometown.
  9. Hey, have you guys made a choice yet? This thread has been here for a while now and while I see the question but I don't see the answer. Just curious
  10. mysteroid

mysteroid Member

Heavy Equipment

My vote is for big, meaty, hyper-macho, non-military heavy equipment. Loaders, earthmovers, logging trucks/rigs, oil field gear, etc. The kind of stuff you see on the 1.87 Vehicle Club Web page.
  11. David H

David H Member

Hi Mysteroid,

I think we will have to design our own; not that I have ever done that... I guess getting good information and access to the prototype is the key. Understanding how the original is constructed would also be important.

Let’s set up a working party! I can offer some CAD and 3d modelling skills, a bit of Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel and photography.

I might have a way into getting access some types of earthmoving equipment via an uncle and my wife has good contacts with a medium sized earthworks contractor...

From an ease of building point of view I think wheeled plant is preferable.

12. mysteroid

mysteroid Member

Heavy Gear

I know it's crazy but I was also thinking about that giant German built excavator for open-pit mines. No pictures at hand, but if you're into big machines you'll know the one I mean.

I wouldn't be much help designing, not for a while anyway. Just started picking up Sketchup with the great suggestions on the board.
  13. David H

David H Member

Not the giant bucket wheel excavator for lignite (brown coal) stripping? Or just a big drag line?

Not too many of those in my neighbourhood so I think I'd have to start a bit lower down the evolutionary scale!

14. THE DC

THE DC Member

Airships and the like...

Okay, this may see like an odd wish for your list, but it would be nice to see a kit fo the Akron, Macon, or Shenandoah, aircaft carriers of the 1930s that were full size rigids, or airships. America's " zepplines " are often not discussed and a kit that allowed the display of the Sparrowhawk fighters and open hanger would be awesome.

Probably an odd request, but in the right scale...

THe DC
  15. THE DC

THE DC Member

Airships and the like...

Okay, this may see like an odd wish for your list, but it would be nice to see a kit of the Akron, Macon, or Shenandoah, aircraft carriers of the 1930s that were full size rigids, or airships. America's " zepplines " are often not discussed and a kit that allowed the display of the Sparrowhawk fighters and open hanger would be awesome. The Los Angeles would be interesting too, but seeing the "flying trapeze of the sky"...

Probably an odd request, but who knows, maybe another fan out there with CAD skill!

The DC
  16. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

I'd like to see some of the specialized machinery that really demonstrates the enginuity of mankind. Like that giant excavator that Mysteroid mentioned. How about an underwater research station, or a subway tunnel excavator, or a floating dock? I tend to gravitate towards the gritty, muddy, get-your-hands-dirty-up-to-your-armpits kind of machinery.

As much as I Iike the aviation models (I really do like them and have several)... I have to say that ... well... we've all got fighter plane models coming out of ears at this point. If you do want to do aviation models... I would hope that you'd pick some of the more "unconventional" designs.
  17. BigBadgers2001

BigBadgers2001 New Member

Ooo. Dear Santa, I would like a model.....

I would love to see some paper models of WW2 weapons, stick grenades, sten guns, etc.
    I have this vision of a wall plaques with weapons on display, Half a grenade, half a Rifle and half a pistol. All flat mounted on the plaque with a regimental badge on it too.
    Or we could go all wild west and have a Winchester, a colt 45, a bowie knife and a texas rangers badge on it.
    Please Santa can I have weapons plans for christmas. I promise to be a good boy and only make one side of each model so I dont get arrested and I can glue them down.
  18. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Me, too! Like maybe, I don't know, how about a mechanical steam-powered giraffe? Now that would be one cool model! ;)

BB2001, I feel like maybe you are somehow missing the true spirit of Christmas here. :confused::)
  19. BigBadgers2001

BigBadgers2001 New Member

Lol. I see what you mean Art Decko. Now I have read it back, I do sound somewhat like a warmonger. Lol.
    I can assure Santa that this it not the case, I am a good boy really, honest.
    Now then, back to reading Mine Kampf...... Lol
  20. tjblundell

tjblundell Member

TRAINS!(Sorry but I am just train fanatic!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.