What kinds of models would you like to see designed?

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by cgutzmer, Sep 1, 2008.

What would you like to see designed

1. Military general (please specify)

46 vote(s)
  2. Civilian general (please specify)

25 vote(s)
  3. Sci-Fi

134 vote(s)
  4. Real Space

35 vote(s)
  5. Cars

29 vote(s)
  6. Tanks

34 vote(s)
  7. Planes - Civil

32 vote(s)
  8. Planes WWI

28 vote(s)
  9. Planes WWII

38 vote(s)
  10. Planes Post WWII

44 vote(s)
  11. Animals

11 vote(s)
  12. Other (please specify)

64 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

The good thing about Victorian SciFi models is that they would also appeal to the wargaming crowd, depending on the scale, and the topic is adaptable to any subject; aircraft, ships, armor, buildings, etc. I'm not into the gaming aspect, but I like the idea of creating a proprietary catalog of designs.
    Good luck no matter which direction you take!
  2. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

Interesting models

Im very interested in all the new UAV's appearing in the military. Aircraft I am specifically interested would include, the Global Hawk, X-47 a&b, any of the General Atomics Predator series and Darkstar.
    I would also love to see a really good B-2 Spirit bomber model, say in 1:48 scale. Also a 1:120 scale B-2 to go with Bobs great KC-135 series.
    His Pan Am 707 could be remodeled into an E-3 AWACS I should think.
    Just some ideas for the grist mill.
  3. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Well, since you asked....:mrgreen: (not sure you meant to exclude ships, but I didn't see a choice in the poll)

Modern cargo ships, particularly some container ships. The ones out there are for the most part small feeder ships, not representative of the commonly seen container vessel. There are also a few others that are interesting, such as LASH ships (Lighter Aboard SHip), which carry barges as well as some ocean shipping containers, using a ship board crane to load each. A few more great lake vessels, particularly the bulkers that form the back bone of water borne commerce on the great lakes, would be nice to see. JSC has produced a few nice civilian ships, as have others such as Wilhelmshaven, but they seem to be limited and certainly don't include any modern container ship (although I understand WHV is going to come out with one in about two years). I would love to see someone design a model of some of the old Moore McCormack line or American President Line ships, container, combo and passenger ships, not to mention a few of the pioneering container ships built by Sealand Service (before they were bought out by Maersk Line). Can you imagine seeing an SL-7 being offered? (it was a beautiful twin screw container monster ship in it's day).

Were that I had the time and talent I would design a few, but seems that's not to be, at least for now.

4. asroc

asroc New Member

The one thing i haven't seen a lot of is Trucks, Commercial ones like a Chevy Silverado, or a Ford F-150 to name a few. Im more into the aircraft models and would like to see a few forgotten ones like the (CESSNA CH-1) which was there only helo, and the (SPITEFIRE MKII) this companys only helo too. Id mention the Westland Wyvern and the Locheed Cheyene but not sure if those were modeled. Also someone mentioned an Airship, Im finishing a Beta on one and will be posting it shortly.
  5. Red

Red Member

I would like to see and get a card model of the Lief Ericson

Attached Files:

6. cooey2ph

cooey2ph New Member

I wouldlike to see more architectural models, not individual houses but rather diorama kits like those published by Usborne. This could run the gamut from ancient, medieval to modern towns, etc.
  7. voltron5

voltron5 Member

I chose other, One thing I haven't seen but would love to make for my kids are the little dinosaurs from The Land Before Time movies. They are just too cute.:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

8. redhorse

redhorse Member

I'd like to see some trains.
  9. David H

David H Member

I would like to see more civilian stuff, from big trucks and engines to wind turbines, rockets and dockside cranes.

I guess there would be a tie in with the rail and ship modellers. However, my motivation is that I just love big machines and we should celebrate our human creativity before our destructiveness.

10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I think a modelof one of those gigantic dump trucks would rock :)
  11. gchucky

gchucky Member

12. Triop

Triop Member

I'll bet that people choosing planes are age 25 up and sci-fi are people aged 25 or less :mrgreen:
  13. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Well, I voted for Sci Fi and I'm 55. Not sure whether I'm the exception or the rule, though!:oops:
  14. Triop

Triop Member

Haha..I knew my judgement would be over ruled...

Btw I'm 35 and voted post WW planes :mrgreen:
  15. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Other (please specify)

Military vehicles (land, sea and air) other than modern USA or WWII USA, German, Russian or Japanese. I know it is hard to believe but other countries have militaries too.
  16. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Really? Like who? Oh, I remember - we need some more of those utterly cool 1920s and 30s French bombers.

I guess it all ultimately gets down to what the market demands. I know I for one won't be buying or even downloading any free sci-fi models. They just don't interest me. I think the historical aspect is what usually gets me when it's not an aircraft. Oh, and yes, I just barely fit into the over 25 group.

17. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Larger scale Sci-Fi would be cool :)
  18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

WWII planes, although a very common subject but still guarantees sales anywhere in the world.
    Airliners would also be good.

I wouldn't go anywhere near anime-related models on account of the c*******t issues involved.
  19. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I would like to see a Heavy Duty Wrecker

20. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

Light aircraft (civilian), steam locomotives, Trucks as above and Helocopters. Hows that for ecclectate?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.