What kinds of models would you like to see designed?

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by cgutzmer, Sep 1, 2008.

What would you like to see designed

1. Military general (please specify)

46 vote(s)
  2. Civilian general (please specify)

25 vote(s)
  3. Sci-Fi

134 vote(s)
  4. Real Space

35 vote(s)
  5. Cars

29 vote(s)
  6. Tanks

34 vote(s)
  7. Planes - Civil

32 vote(s)
  8. Planes WWI

28 vote(s)
  9. Planes WWII

38 vote(s)
  10. Planes Post WWII

44 vote(s)
  11. Animals

11 vote(s)
  12. Other (please specify)

64 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampfoxx

Swampfoxx Member

I saw those last night as I was checking out the site........ I downloaded them and will build one to see how it goes together.. I tend to build in 1:48 and I don't think these will take that kind of enlargement.

We'll see....anyway, thanks for the heads up on these models.
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

The NASA version of this plane would be a blast to fly. Just to go op there and loiter, that would be fun!
  3. Swampfoxx

Swampfoxx Member

The thing that's amazing is that NASA #026 was stationed at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque in the late '60s early '70's and my dad use to install sensors in the equipment bays of that very aircraft. I got to know a couple of the pilots and ground crew and when the 58th WRS was disbanded I asked for a set of flight manuals for the WB-57F and they gave me a complete set!!!

I just about had a heart attack right on the spot.. They are one of my prize possessions.

I never had the nerve to ask for a flight, not that they could have done it anyway..

Life is good.....;-)

4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Those are pieces of history and treasure that would be well kept as family heirlooms! Very Cool! :)
  5. gg56

gg56 New Member

Ships from the H.Beam Piper terro-human future history.

Honor Harrington universe.

jump ships and drop ships from Mech Warrior

ground vehicles from Mech Warrior

ships from the Fifth Element

ships from books "Crusade, Insurrection, In Death Ground, The Shiva Option".
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

PEOPLE, we gotta start posting some pics here. Some of the references involve actual research, and in these times of instant gratification, well must it be said? :)
  7. NoxArcanum

NoxArcanum New Member

I'd like to see a Ticonderoga Class Cruiser
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

How about a picture. I am not sure if you mean from a Space Game or from the U.S. Navy, both of which would be cool! :)
  9. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Full helmet and mask worn by Mr. Roboto...

Attached Files:

10. NoxArcanum

NoxArcanum New Member

Heh, sorry, didn't know there was a Tico from a space game, but ya, that would be awesome too...

I was stationed on the Bunker Hill, up until recently, for the last 8 years so admittedly I'm a little bias to the design. after the Cruiser-mod (& we worked all the bugs out) she became even more awesome, becoming the oldest and most advance cruiser in the Navy.
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

The Ticonderoga Class ships are beauties. This picture shows them the way I like to see them, all loaded up with stuff all over the place! :)

12. Psyscape

Psyscape Member

Not to say that a free (or cheaper) one wouldn't be absolutely cool, but there is the HMV Aegis Cruiser "USS Ticonderoga" available for anyone who absolutely has got to have it right now, this instant.

There's this one - priced in Euros, but I dare say there will be one available through a US or more local store somewhere. I'm not sure on the quality of the model, but it looks pretty good in the preview images. There's also a build of one over on Papermodellers (need to be a member to view) which pretty much bears out the cover images and looks rather nice.
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

You can download the image from there and upload it here. :)
  14. Psyscape

Psyscape Member

I'm not really very comfortable uploading other people's images to be honest, but okay...

First two images are the build from PaperModellers by Marco next one is the HMV cover showing their Ticonderoga

Attached Files:

15. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I don't think Marco would mind, I hope not, I'm a great fan of his. He is a fantastic modeler, one of the best, consistently. This is a problem with these companies, the unavailability of their models pisses people off and they end up downloading scans if they can find them. At least in the U.K. you have a better chance of getting the model without paying 5 times or more of the cost in postage rates than the model costs and the wait we in the U.S. must endure.
  16. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

SA-43 Hammerhead Fighter

I would like to see a good model of the SA-43 Hammerhead Fighter from Space: Above and Beyond.
    I know that there are two kits out there, but I was hoping for something a little more detailed.

Here are diagrams for those who want to tackle this one:

GraphicsManual_14.jpg saabsa432.jpg SAAB_SA-43_3d.jpg TechnicalManual01_jpg.jpg TechnicalManual02.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  17. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That might not be too hard to design.
  18. magic120400

magic120400 New Member

Would like to see all types of horse drawn wagons and carriages
  19. Norton

Norton New Member

I totally want to see the Weapons from Mass Effect 1 / 2 / 3 designed. I'd love to build the Pistols for example. I know that the M8 Avenger was released, but other than that, I found no useful builds.
  20. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

If you can design the SA-43 Hammerhead, I will test build it for you.
    aussie DEAL?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.