What kinds of models would you like to see designed?

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by cgutzmer, Sep 1, 2008.

What would you like to see designed

1. Military general (please specify)

46 vote(s)
  2. Civilian general (please specify)

25 vote(s)
  3. Sci-Fi

134 vote(s)
  4. Real Space

35 vote(s)
  5. Cars

29 vote(s)
  6. Tanks

34 vote(s)
  7. Planes - Civil

32 vote(s)
  8. Planes WWI

28 vote(s)
  9. Planes WWII

38 vote(s)
  10. Planes Post WWII

44 vote(s)
  11. Animals

11 vote(s)
  12. Other (please specify)

64 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bishoff

bishoff New Member

Models wanted

Architectural Models, Working Models
  2. olantigh

olantigh New Member

Always fancied making a model of my house? trees, tiles and an open door to see inside with- clear windows optional? looking at some of the tutorials- it would seem it would take ages to complete...as i have no experience with software and starting from scratch?
    I've always made mine from other peoples model designs- i think making my own unique designs would slow me down a bit but perhaps worth it?
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Mauther produces quite a nice range of models, FREE, and his blogspot is below. Have fun!

4. olantigh

olantigh New Member

I had a good look at that website- but i was thinking in a use for work- making a model of an idea at work designing landscapes with a few extra details- however the surfaces- like bricks and roof tiles prove to be interesting but not often found over here much especially in new builds- nice find though.
    i often find natures stuff abit daulting- irregular shapes and time consuming stuff. thats why im trying to find quick templates...speed things up a little.
  5. V.I.P

V.I.P out for lunch

...How about space 1999 spacestation...
  6. etopsirhc

etopsirhc n00b with ideas,Bad combo

why not a steam-punk like airship ?
    u know , kinda like the hindenburg , but with a few vertical propellers , some metal looking observation decks , possibly even with some turrets and cool stuff =D
  7. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

That would be cool... but anything steampunk is cool, love the retro/mod look of steampunk :thumb:
  8. willis398

willis398 willispsu

Steam Punk Dreams

This would be a rather interesting scratchbuild project. If you can find some large scale or scale up some paper-airplane props, some parts off of a naval ship and a Zepplin card model, I think this would be a possible build. No pun intended (I hope) but you could literally "cut and paste" your vision if the "steam punk" airship. I don't recall the name of the miliitary aircraft that has vertical lift twin rotors that both tansition forward into a conventional aircraft flight mode at the time of the writing of this post, ( but I"m sure it's not hard if a card model? exists,) but it might be a good base platform to start from. It's one nice thing of Card-modeling- you can print the parts as you need them, ( or in my case sometimes, reprint a messed up FUBAR part ) and not have to get the entire kit for only a few parts!
    Good luck wiith it, and happy constructions! :thumb:
  9. Vermin_King

Vermin_King Member

10. dissidia

dissidia New Member

final fantasy stuff
  11. Experimental Designs

Experimental Designs Papercraft Visionary

Troops and infantry models.
  12. dissidia

dissidia New Member

any thing anime
  13. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

The Mecha from Full Metal Panic
  14. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

I think the Guitar Ship from the Daft Punk - Digital love Video would be interesting :) just my thought though ;)

dp1.jpg dp2.jpg
  15. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

speaking gutar ships how about the the gutar ship from the Boston album covers?
  16. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Just a guess here, But I think you like Boston, right? :p
  17. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

No, just always thought it was pretty cool looking, I even remember one cover you opened up and saw a engeneered cross section that showed the internal workings of the ship(yeah I know I'm dating myself just a bit here:cry:)
  18. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

im probably dating myself also, but i know those album, and may have a few.
  19. gogu13

gogu13 Gogu

ships... military (battleships) and civilian (heavy transport, tankers, cargo-containers)
  20. THE DC

THE DC Member

Has anyone ever thought about making the Interplanetary UFO that was once such a rare Star Trek kit? Or the "PILGRIM OBSERVER SPACE STATION"?

Just a couple of hard to find plastic kits that might draw paper attention?

The DC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.