What kinds of models would you like to see designed?

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by cgutzmer, Sep 1, 2008.

What would you like to see designed

1. Military general (please specify)

46 vote(s)
  2. Civilian general (please specify)

25 vote(s)
  3. Sci-Fi

134 vote(s)
  4. Real Space

35 vote(s)
  5. Cars

29 vote(s)
  6. Tanks

34 vote(s)
  7. Planes - Civil

32 vote(s)
  8. Planes WWI

28 vote(s)
  9. Planes WWII

38 vote(s)
  10. Planes Post WWII

44 vote(s)
  11. Animals

11 vote(s)
  12. Other (please specify)

64 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hello all!
    As you mostly know by now I am working with many designers to get a new store going :)

We would all like to know what kinds of models you would like to see designed! Please keep in mind that we have all levels of designers in several different genres.

We cannot sell ANYTHING that might be copyrighted so Star Trek, Star Wars etc etc are out.....

I am attaching a poll with a couple general categories and several specific categories. Give us some direction as to what you may like :)
  2. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

More civilian aircraft...

piginapoke likes this.
  3. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Sci-Fi, even though we can'y do the copyrighted stuff :(

Chris, is it okay if we do something, totally different in the sci-fi portion? For example, for a few days now, I've been working out a little conflict(mentally) that I can derive sci- fi models from, which, of course, since their totally different from what you've seen, I'm sure it hasn't been copyrighted. Unless someone owns my mind o_O
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Of course - I highly encourage that Soaring :)
  5. TableTopAirCrew

TableTopAirCrew New Member

Speaking of copyrights...what about cars/trucks? And several years ago when I was doing a little plastic modeling there was some discussion about airplane manufacturers trying to collect royalties on designs going back to WWII. I suppose (from what I see in the hobby store) that nothing came of that idea.

I would like to see offbeat planes like push/pullers, vintage cars and trucks (1930-1970), and BTW stage sets for children plays (that just occurred to me).
  6. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Ships (not space ships, I mean), there are several cool ships never released in any media which would be great to build...
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i noticed sci fi is in the lead so far but with the copyright issue what were they voting for?
  8. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Sci-Fi things, that come by imagination :)
  9. kooklik

kooklik Member

I have never designed a tank yet. Small scale but full of details may be suitable for small shelves. I'll do in somedays. I voted for tank.:thumb:
  10. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

My favorite subjects are pre-dreadnought ships and pre-WWII aircraft. There is a wealth of subjects in these two categories already offered in card -- if one is looking for German or Eastern European craft. Being an American myself, I would like to see more American subjects (like the patrol-gunboat USS Petrel or the Curtiss XP-31) offered in these categories, but the ships and machines of several other countries (e.g. England, France, Spain, etc.) are also underrepresented, IMO.

11. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Some more automata/mechanical working type models would be interesting. They could be of the practical and whimsical variety. :)
    piginapoke likes this.
  12. My personal favourites are always experimental & prototype planes...
    there are still a lot around which defenitly need to be "cardboarded" sign1
    Cheers, Billy
    piginapoke likes this.
  13. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

While I'm all for more WWII planes, it does seem to be a fairly well covered area. I'd like to see more historical and literary concept kits. One of the topics I'd love to see covered is a line of kits following the development of submarines, from inception to today. Or perhaps a line of "heroic failures"; planes, ships, cars, etc, that were intriguing designs that never made it.
    I'd really love a line of Sci-Fi kits of Victorian literary sources; Verne, Wells, even the designs of some of the wonderful adventure dime novels of the 1800's. Or especially futuristic designs from the old pulp magazines or Popular Mechanics. Anything that was copyrighted could serve as inspiration for your own version of it; rather than doing a model of the historic "Flying Platform", you could do a variation on it.
    It might be interesting to create a Sci-Fi world of your own; define the terrain and technology and let several different designers have at it. It would be more than just random kits; it would be its own collection of kits that would all visually relate to each other on the shelf. I vote for a Victorian Sci-Fi world, of course!
  14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I would have to say things that have not been OVERDONE ...

Most popular WW2 Fighters and Tanks. Seriously... there are WAY too many releases of the ME109.

What one CAN build and release. X-Craft, Luft42' Aircraft, Modern Armor and Military Vehicles. Automobiles Past and Present. Famous Buildings.

Mix and Match Hotrod kits that are very detailed... 1:18-1:12 scale.
  15. smyfe

smyfe Member

I personally would love to see a digital model of a Tribal class destroyer such as HMS Cossack or a Black Swan Frigate, such as HMS Amethyst, I already have Gremirs superb Brtish ships and would like to bolster my fleet:thumb:
  16. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

Not really bothered - as long as it's a decent scale!

Not too small, and plenty of tabs.

Says a lot for my eyesight and building skill though :cry:

17. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Stev0 nearly hit the mark... Muscle Cars!!! Lots and lots of muscle cars :D

My favourite subject is movie vehicles but that would be right up there with Sci Fi when it comes to copyright issues. :(
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks for all the input all! keep it coming :)
  19. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

Military Vehicles and Tanks, American and British Commonwealth armor are not well represented by paper models. What we don’t need is another Panther or Tiger.

I would love to see a Universal carrier, (Bren gun carrier), an M10 tank destroyer, a Churchill.

NULLMOON Member

without giving a massive list....
    uk ww2 armour(churchhill,matilda)
    any post war uk aircraft especilly the fairey gannet- aka The ugliest aircraft in the world i love the "busy" look there was one at a flambards in cornwall i remember it being my favorite even as a child

the rest of my suggestions are a bit obscure to be of much interest (eg rail armour)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.