What i've been up to

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Hi guys... This is waht I've been up. Building a base for a freight shed. Used some wood, balsa, and plaster.

This first pics shows it still with paiting to be done and plaster to put!
002.jpg

painted, with plaster, and ready to received a freight shed. (drying in the street). I think I'm going to get a Piko shed...
001.jpg

this is the shed I'm talking about (without the bottom part):
60015.jpg

And made a new river, and new river valley:
003.jpg

I'm think about having some sand on the river bed, something called decoration sand and some tiny rocks. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Great looking freight shed Luis. Looks ready for action.
Looking forward to seeing more of the river as you make it.
The base looks fine. What are you going to fill it with to make it look like water.?

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Luis, good to hear from you! The station platform and river are looking real good so far. To get water that looks like what you posted, they usually use Polyurathane or Enviro-Tex. Woodland Scenics also has a new product out that I'm not familar with.

GNRail

Jun 18, 2003
Sudbury,ON
Visit site
Woodland Scenics product is called Realistic Water . Go figure. I tried the clear casting resin first and it ate right through the painted styrofoam and the smell drove us from the house for days. The Woodland product does not drive you out of the house or eat paint. However like all good things they don't give it away cheap. Our LHS carries it for $26 CAD. One bottle covers approximately 154 square inches 1/8 inch deep.

Garry