PRR DR-12-8-1500/2 Centipede
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tr_prr5823.jpg[/IMG]

PRR U25C
prr6506.jpg

PRR SD45
prr6138.jpg

DanRaitz

You mean that I can only have ONE :eek:
If so then I guess it will have to be this beauty.

The great EMD GP30

Attachments

• sf2747.jpg
    sf2747.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 275

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
No No You can have as many as you want. I sure do. As you see i have a couple posted up on here. That is a nice looking locomotive. Post some more.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Great pics! Who doesn't like Sharks and that Centepeide is amazing! Paint a PC "mating worms" logo on that SD45 and that'd be my choice for a winner. :) Actually I LOVE F units....hope to see some posted here soon!
Ralph

DanRaitz

More than one:confused: Maybe the thread should have been titled "What are your favorite diesel locomotives":) :) :)

Well then here is another, the SD45 and this one is still in GOD's RR paint.

Attachments

• bn6434adb.jpg
    bn6434adb.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 261

Hoghead

From a different perspective.......I like EMD's as opposed to GE's.

When I work the yard I prefer a nice six axle SD50 or SD40-2 especially on drag jobs. GE's are terrible in this respect because they are slow to load and slow to stop.

On the road I will take an SD60, SD70AC and on a few occasions I have had an SD80......The 70's and 80's though are pretty much like GE's in the slow response time.

Now when it's hot and humid though I don't care if it's a GE orEMD as long as the A/c works:D

Flangehead

Baldwin Centipedes, Sharks, EMD SD45s, Alco RS-whatevers, almost all FM engines. Also, I find the little side rodded industrial locos interesting. Oh, I almost forgot,the EMD E7. Something about those square side windows.

brakie

My favorite locomotives is those old work horses the GP7/9s.I also like the SD7/9,GP38 GP38-2 and the GP35 and the Alco RS1/2/3s and the RSD4/5 RS11, RSD12 and RSD15.My favorite yard switcher is the SW1200 and 1500...I also like the Alco S1 and S2s. Come to think of it I like most locomotives except the look alike modern GEs and EMDs.

Sure wish this was my daily horse at work. They sure don't make them like they used to. Although a straight SD60 is fine and an early 4000 series SD70M is nice. The GE C44ACCTE's have come a long way. WP 707 at the Portola Railroad Museum sure is fun to rearrange the museum equipment with.

Attachments

• wp 707.jpg
    wp 707.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 189