What is your favorite car?

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by prodigy2k7, Dec 29, 2006.

Favorite Car

1. Hopper

18 vote(s)
  2. Flat

6 vote(s)
  3. Tank

8 vote(s)
  4. Box

22 vote(s)
  5. Caboose

10 vote(s)
  6. Passenger

16 vote(s)
  1. GN.2-6-8-0

GN.2-6-8-0 Member

Caboose's gotta have a say too! sign1

Attached Files:

2. coachC

coachC Member

Covered Hoppers...grain...especially Chessie
  3. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

As a "Prehistoric" LIRR commuter....well I used the LIRR to get into Manhattan, from Copiague, to check out Polks Hobby Shop, in the late fifties....my favorite would have to be the MP-54's powered, or trailer.
    My second, and the one I voted for, Tank cars. They are one of the only cars where the complete underbody detail can be seen, making the addition of that detail really worth while.
  4. tetters

tetters Rail Spiking Fool!

What about gondolas? I love those guys, even though I only have one...sniff.
  5. Gondolas are often over looked as are tank cars. I love all the cars. Steve Church Milwaukee Road Iowa Division
  6. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Where's Other?

My favorite is a Boxcar converted into a weed sprayer/control car.
  7. tomustang

tomustang Has Entered.

Hoppers, Center flows, Gondolas :thumb:
  8. TinGoat

TinGoat Ignorant know it all

Stacks and Pigs!

:thumb: Inter-modal all the way!!! :thumb:

:thumb: Great big 5-unit spine cars! :thumb:

I guess you could say that they are modern flatcars.
  9. e-paw

e-paw Member

:inw:All hail the hopper :inw:
    (coal makes it better)
  10. CN_Fan

CN_Fan New Member

WOW jawdrop

You should see about making kits of these, they are beautiful.

Do you have patterns of them??
  11. EvoMan454

EvoMan454 New Member

Seriously the person who mad this poll left out alot of basic cars such as intermodal, autoracks, gondolas, etc. Bill what radius curves do you need to get those to work?
  12. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

My favorite cars are Intermodal but theres no option for intermodal so i voted for Tank Cars cuz those are my second favorite :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  13. toptrain1

toptrain1 Member

My favorite and way.

I picked Box car, but it wasn't realy a complete answere. I would pick 40' boxs because pulling a long string for 40'ers alone with no other type of car is enough for me to call a train. If I run hoppers only, even tho a dicated coal train is a common thing, something is missing. The same goes for flats, gongolas,reefers,and tanks. With boxs especialy 40'ers, not even mixed with larger types, it seams all is well. It is a complete train.
  14. ZeldaTheSwordsman

ZeldaTheSwordsman Thomas Modeler

I'm going with passenger cars(or, as they are known to Brits and Thomas fans, coaches). I'm thrilled every time I see realistically long passenger trains.
  15. Roger Hensley

Roger Hensley Member

I picked caboose simply because it is a unique vehicle on my railroad. I have four and they are all different. Of course I can do that as I have a fictional short line that operates with hand-me-down equipment.
  16. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Passenger for me.
  17. sgtcarl

sgtcarl Member

Hippity hopp-ers

Hoppers; I have several, but box cars, tankers, etc. are also in my roster. So, I don't really have an all time favorite.
  18. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

I'm surprised that caboose is so far behind.

I think inter modal car votes ought to count as flat cars, for that is their lineage. Gondola's were also of the same lineage (platform cars).
  19. iis612

iis612 Member

I had to vote for passenger cars, because each road, or name train had cars with such character. They were the physical ambassadors of their time.
  20. bnrails

bnrails Green is the way to go

Cascade green covered hoppers.