What is this Athearn HO F7A part?

What do you call the plastic part that holds the coupler to an Athearn HO F7A body? I just can't believe I lost both. :( I'll ask my parents to buy me a pair when they visit California and Texas. I live in Quezon City, the Philippines, and the lone model railroad shop here has folded up years ago. BTW, is Houston, Texas, a good place for HO model railroad shops? Can you recommend me one?

Russ Bellinis

Can you order Kaddee couplers in the Philippines? You can drill a #45 hole in the coupler mounts and tap it for a #2-56 screw. Then use a file to remove a bit of the metal off the bottom of the coupler mounts on the frame, that will raise the coupler height up just a bit. Then install the Kaddees on your f-7 and you're ready to go.

HOseeker

Hello

I believe the part you are looking for is the plastic coupler cover 90606. This depend on the year your F7A was produced. Go to the Diagrams at HOseeker.net to get the parts number.

I know Ed who has numerous Athern Parts has a couple of these listed.
http://www.hoseeker.net/choochoo/athearntrainparts.htm However the shipping on these items will be very expensive.

You can try Horizon Hobbies at www.Athearn.com

If you are coming to Houston there are a few Hobby Shops here that might carry the couple housings.

PaPa Ben's on South Blvd off of Kirby Drive
G&G hobbies on Times Blvd off of Kirby Drive
Houston Roundhouse just off the 610 Loop South @ South Main Street
These shops are within a few miles of each other.
There is also hobby shops at these locations
Trains and Planes on Westheimer
Larry's Hobbies in North Houston off of I-45 at FM 1960
Spring Crossings in the Town of Spring off of I-45 about 25 miles North of Houston

Hope this helps
Larry

HOseeker

Hello

I believe the part you are looking for is the plastic coupler cover 90606. This depend on the year your F7A was produced. Go to the Diagrams at HOseeker.net to get the parts number.

I know Ed who has numerous Athearn Parts has a couple of these listed.
http://www.hoseeker.net/choochoo/athearntrainparts.htm However the shipping on these items will be very expensive.

You can try Horizon Hobbies at www.Athearn.com

If you are coming to Houston there are a few Hobby Shops here that might carry the coupler housings.

PaPa Ben's on South Blvd off of Kirby Drive
G&G hobbies on Times Blvd off of Kirby Drive
Houston Roundhouse just off the 610 Loop South @ South Main Street
These shops are within a few miles of each other.
There is also hobby shops at these locations
Trains and Planes on Westheimer
Larry's Hobbies in North Houston off of I-45 at FM 1960
Spring Crossings in the Town of Spring off of I-45 about 25 miles North of Houston

Hope this helps
Larry

matt fisher

couplers

hi
just get rid of the athern clips for the f7a and get you some kadee no#5 couplers and 2 -56 screws and drill the 45 drill bit if you go straight to athern it may take a while there some times just as slow as a jackass going up a hill if get my drift , you really need to use kadee no#5 couplers , go to kadee.com and check them out.

matt fisher