What is the fastest motor u can put into a rc10gt?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by daytondaft, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

hey,
    i am looking to get a motor for my rc10gt and i was wondering what is the fastest motor u can put in it? I am looking for one that would make it go over 50mph. How much would it cost?
    thanks
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

I believe the Sirio 15 turbo is the most powerful smallblock to date. The engine and a good pipe with the right gearing should get you there easily
  3. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well dude if you wana have ALOT OF POWER there is a company (cant quite remeber who it is, maybe new area or soemthing) who makes a .21 conversion kit for the rc10gt, it was in 1 of the Rc Car Magazines. The thing is then you would have to replace all the gears in the trany to alumium or equilvent so that the drive train is good, and also a .21 if you dont have 1 already. So if u wana go really BIG thats the way to do it, if you want I can look threw my bookes to find it, just let me know
  4. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

yea dj66 i get rc car mag. i will look through them 2 see if i can find it
    thanks for the imput guys!!!!!
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok I will look threw them all tonigth and I should be able some time tomorrow night to tell u what month it is in sound good?
  6. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

alright sounds good
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok daytondaft I have found it,, finaly lol. It is in then 2002 Radio Control Car Action November 2002, it is in the back of the issue. PAGE 200. The conversion is made by New Ara. Price of the .21 conversion kit is 144 bucks, or so it says, who knows if the kit has gone up or down. THE ITEM NUMBER FOR IT IS AGT205. On the last page they post all the different hop-ups and things that they have put on the car. For the most part, the drive train would be the most important I think. I would scan it and send it to you but I dont have a scanner. You might be able to find it if you go to there site

www.rccaraction.com

I hope this helped you in some way of chooseing which way to go less power lower price or more power higher price
  8. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

hey,
    yeah dj i found the conversion for 130 new so i think i might get it.
    thanks for the help and imput
    Dayton
  9. dale3

dale3 New Member

Hardcore might make a .21 kit too.
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

Dayton, are you wanting to race or just go for speed?
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

no problem
  12. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

mastmec,
    i am looking for something that would put my rc10gt over 50mph but mabey in a couple of years i might race everyonce in a while
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

the .21 conversion kit would make it go 50 #@$% maybe 60!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.