what is the best

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by pimp, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pimp

pimp Active Member

what is the best monster truck in the 1/8 divison
  2. pimp

pimp Active Member

i am talking about fastest that can jump the best and do weelies and is the most durable at the at a price of 500 or lower all of theese combined which is the best
  3. mastmec

mastmec Member

Still the T-maxx.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

Team Associated is the best.T-maxx and E-maxx are 1/10 scale.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

6. timrock

timrock Active Member

7. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

well t-maxx is pretty nice but for you the savage ss. unless you want rtr than get the savage 25
  8. the t maxx and the emxx are actually 1/8 scale
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

10. timrock

timrock Active Member

that is a good point.are they actualy 1/10 scale or 1/8 scale.i have a Traxxas Rustler and the body is 1/10 scale.my freind has the same body as a full size truck.i used a tape mesure and realized that if my truck was full scale the wheels would be a few feet wider on each side of the full size truck.

so say if i recreated a body for my truck and have the wheels underneith the body,it might be more of a 1/9 or a 1/8 scale.maybe at a larger scale.not sure
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

traxxas considers it a 1/10 but there isn't that much a difference between it and the savage
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

the scale size is only the body,not in all actuality and based on what the design of the full size body as we know it and what has been manufactured over the years of the full size vehicals
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

i dont understand. i get the whole thing aboiut it being the body not the car but is it like scaled to 2d not 3d dimension. like 10 long and 10 tall for a 1/10 scale?
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

nah it is all about proportion.it is the body they go by.1/10 scale means it is 10 times smaller that full size.
  15. mastmec

mastmec Member

If the Savage is a 1/8 scale, and T-maxx is 1/10 scale, why can you buy 1 body and will fit either?
  16. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

the savage is a 1/10 body on a 1/8 chasis that is why the bodies are the same size. they did this so that the bumpers stick well out from the body so you dont destroy bodies so quickly. As far as durability and jumpability the savage beats the maxx hands down. The maxx takes it on top speed, but with an aftermarket eninge like the wasp/picco/outlaw .26 engine that wont be a problem. My savage can wheelie all the way through 2nd gear with a wheelie bar on. Wheelies get old though and the wheelie bar is no more. After racing against lots of maxx trucks and watching them break all the time you couldnt pay me to trade my savage in on one.
  17. monsterrcbuilder04

i agree with rcosmax. i havnt broken anything on the savage. everything is beefy. most people like the xtm 24.7 the best for an upgrade engine.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

do they make 1/8 scale bodies for the savage?or would that have to be a custome thing.
  19. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

how about this DURATRAX THUNDER QUAKE its 1/8 scale all metal gears, and I have seen 1 at my LHS AND man are they big. I compared it to a Tmaxx and there is no compatition, and the price is fairly matched with all the goodly that it come with.

timrock I think you would have to kinda custom make body mounts or drill the body just right and it should work that way
  20. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

the reason why traxxas says its 1/10 scale is cause some tracks dont alow 1/8. pretty much everyone races there maxxes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.