What is the best way to learn how to fly an RC Helicopter?

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by Death Before Dismount, May 9, 2008.

1. I dont want to go to a instructor, or use a movie. I was wondering if anyone had any good advice.
  2. Michael J

Michael J New Member

First of all DO NOT try and practice in a small hallway or any other small areas. Make sure you have ample space and start off by taking off and hovering between 6 inches and a foot from the ground and then landing. Practice this and try and stay as level as possible. After your an expert a hovering take baby steps and move forward about a foot and land. (i know this get boring, but i broke my 1st helis wing trying to just take off and fly). Just continue to fly higher and farther gradually DONT RUSH.....You have to be patient.
  3. Flyboy73

Flyboy73 New Member

Simple... Buy a flight simulator like Real Flight G4. Spend lots of time on it and then apply what you have learned to the real thing.

You can't beat it..
  4. zeafor

zeafor New Member

5. cmags

cmags Guest

I second the use of a simulator. xheli.com sells a controller for use with FMS for only $20. Can't beat it and it really helps get that muscle memory you'll need to keep from expensive crashes. RealFlight G4 is far more realistic, but FMS will still help out quite a bit.
  6. RCcanuck

RCcanuck RCcanuck

Practice, practice and practice, After about 5 years of practicing, youll end up still practicing. It never ends.
  7. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

Lots of practice! I've flow copters for 2 years now and still haven't mastered the hover. But, my 14 year old son had it down in 5 minutes... go figure....