What is the best r/c offroad vehicle to get ? ....

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by violentroadrage03, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i wanna know some of your guys opinions.... what is the best r/c offroader to get and why??.....
  2. tomas13

tomas13 Guest

A good offraod truck to get would be the t or e maxx because they have alot of ground clearence and power and are durable
  3. pike

pike Member

nitro = hpi savage 25 rtr

electric = traxxas E-maxx rtr
  4. soon2ownRC10

soon2ownRC10 New Member

XXX-T. They are the best trucks for racing and are tough. Very easy to work on too.
  5. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

definately the savage .25 over the e t maxx, no question! My savage snacks on maxxsnax!
  6. Nitro Man

Nitro Man New Member

I would go with the SAVAGE .25 because that is what I am gettin soon
    Also alot of people told me that it is Durable and Fast. That is just my opinion though get what you like.
  7. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

T-MAXX!!!!!!!
    this is just my opinion though,
    t-maxx-racer(but an exeptional basher)
    savage- pure basher
  8. rstaubach_12

rstaubach_12 Member

It depends a lot on what you want to be able to do with it. Everyone has mentioned trucks but buggies are great also. If this is your first nitro then get a truck and work into a buggy. Buggies are very fast and a lot harder to control.

As far as trucks go I have a t-maxx and love it. I've done some minor upgrades and none of my friends savages can touch it. It is also MUCH easier to work on. I've had mine for 3 years and through tons of heavy bashing have only broke some minor parts. The Savage lovers fight that the t-maxx is weak is bunch of crap. All r/c's fall apart eventually and so do savages. The main thing I think if you are a first timer is that you can easily work on the t-maxx without taking the whole#@$% thing apart. Just take a look at them and you can tell. The t-maxx is all laid out nicely. The savage is contained in side rails. Although it might add some strength to it I think the cons are greater then the pro's in the long run.

Take a look at buggies if you want to start out with something you can grow into also. They take a ton of abuse and are a lot faster than trucks. You may not be able to go over rock piles with them but on open (off-road) ground nothing touches them.
  9. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

Well as far as stadium trucks go for the rc10 gt because thats what I drive and they are swet. For Monsetr trucks for for the savage it also really sweet. Just my $.02--J
  10. Ya, I've driven alot of gts and they are wicked nice. Savage is good for nitro offroad, rs4 MT is good from electric offroad.
  11. mastmec

mastmec Member

What kind of offroading are you wanting to do?
    I run a XXXT, XXXNT, Hyper 7 Pro, and T-maxx. Because they are the best of their class, IMO.
  12. alisar70

alisar70 Member

I love the Rush evo Its so cool ,Ive seen it in action
  13. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

t maxx all the way. i just got one, and they have a whole crap load of upgrades. plus every hobby store i have ever been in carries the maxx parts in stock.just watch out for the trees.
  14. alisar70

alisar70 Member

How much is the T-MAx cause im thinking of buying it
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

go with the savage 25 or ss they're more durable than a t-maxx but if u want electric get an e-maxx
  16. mastmec

mastmec Member

monster... I thought you had a T-maxx, you telling him to get the Savage so you can beat him too :)
  17. dudenar

dudenar New Member

“Big Blue” has been a project of mine since I got my first Tmaxx 2.5 kit last year.
    Most of the stock parts have been upgraded with hardened steal, aircraft grade
    aluminum, and other exotics. Bullet proof and fast, this thing climbs up mountains
    and jumps like a freak. Aftermarket parts are from but not limited to the following vendors…

Unlimited Engineering, HCR, Omega, Robinson Racing, RPM CVD’s, MIP, Lunsford, Pro-Line,
    HiTec, Ofna, and the kitchen sink. I’m not the greatest mechanic so I’ve had to use many
    suggestions, pictures and ideas from this forum, magazines, and my local hobby shops to
    build this beast. Thank you to all the RC builders out there keeping the Tmaxx running
    over the competition.

Kind regards,

Morgan
    From Brooklyn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [8]
  18. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

well mast my friend got a savage and i beat it but he doesnt brake as many parts than me. it is definatly more durable. if you dont care about speed than the savage is a good truck but the t-maxx is a lot of fun and a great truck. TRUCK OF THE YEAR!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.