What is that building covered with?

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by MasonJar, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. MasonJar

    MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

    Ideas to modify/modernize your DPM-style buildings... Taken just down the road from my house.


    Attached Files:

  2. Tileguy

    Tileguy Member

    I would venture to say that the New Brick is actually brick veneer.
    Looking at the rest of the place theres no way that guy would sprung for full brick.he's way to cheap :D
  3. MasonJar

    MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

    Actually the "new brick" is a separate building, and yes it probably is brick veneer (i.e. one layer of brick). The rest of it though (with the exception of the tin shed) is all one building. Its front side is much more uniform, but 'round back - ahhh, no one is gunna see... ;)

  4. ezdays

    ezdays Out AZ way

    Geeze, that looks like a test base for different building materials...:D:D

    Neat shot Andrew.:thumb:
  5. Tileguy

    Tileguy Member

    By Brick veneer i meant Face brick. It is a product similar to the old interior brick finish material yet made of real brick rather than fiber material. It is generally a 1 1/4" thick brick facing and installed like fake stone veneers with scratch and lathe.

    That is exactly the type building where this type product is used.Due to the height and frame construction rather than Block, weight limitations would call for a veneer in this situation.Corner pieces are used to give a full brick look but I'd lay odds its face brick.5-1 any takers??
    Sorry, been in the trades to long LOL :)

Share This Page