What is going on?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Mountain Man, Dec 14, 2008.

1. thumsup

thumsup Member

You have a pretty big opinion for one who appears to have just signed up.

2. thumsup

thumsup Member

Weird, the orginal post is gone. Funny things have started.:eek:
  3. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

That's funny, I thought the same thing. Seeing as how there are no mods around, who deleted the post????? Hmmm... Who could it be.... Could it be...Crowdgather?? (in a Church Lady voice)

and to Boss Hawg, I don't recall seeing a rule saying that they had to be a member of only this forum. They said they are staying as members which they appear to have done. No law is being broken if they would like to start their own forum.

As for the members who do not like what appears to be going on, maybe it is time to show CG some solidarity and go to the new forum. It might just send a message, then again CG may not even care. I for one do not like the picture that is being painted here. I will continue to stay for now and see if things improve but I also have signed up over at the new forum in case things here continue going south. Who knows, maybe the new forum will be just like the "old gauge" or 10 times better....
  4. thumsup

thumsup Member

Mike, well put. And the hawg infers the others as underhanded. Which one is the pot?
  5. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Maybe they are one in the same.
    Did it acure to you that this might be a way for them to post a link hear to their site without getting slapped for it.
    If so, Well done.
  6. thumsup

thumsup Member

Now this is getting down right spooky.
  7. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

No, i'm guessing it was crowd gather, because now the person who quoted it is gone. One of the best things about the internet is that you can be anonymous, and post whatever you want, and no one can prove it was you. They are probably quite a bit sore, and i'm sure there was far more conflict going on between the people at crowd gather than anyone is willing to admit.

It makes sense that they'd try to retake the moral high ground, as they are being accused of being "dictators" over the forum, and many people have already left because no one likes that kind of control.

Now they are trying to make the old crew look like jerks in hopes of keeping people here. Its not good business for them to be seen as a bunch of a-holes. Of course, anyone who has been here for a while knows the original mods are good people, and so most of us won't buy it.

they probably wanted to quickly delete it after they figured we're smarter than they thought.
  8. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Who was that Masked man??
  9. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

y'all have fun, now:mrgreen:
  10. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Wow. When I said I'd still be posting occasionally here I hadn't expected to find a thread like this. Even though I have no mod responsibilities here anymore I'd like to ask the membership to avoid speculations about other people's motives and not make guesses about who is doing what. Spend the energy on posting about the hobby wherever you wish to do that.

11. thumsup

thumsup Member

Hey Ralph, I don't think it so much speculation but a question as to how this is playing out. and besides it better than looking for a dark tunnel.
  12. chooch.42

chooch.42 Member

Thumb -MM said you were placed "IN CHARGE!" - Just leave the light ON, in case somebody needs to find a way out, and check back later !
  13. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Ralphs right --- be nice or you will get bad marks in "plays well with others" :razz:
  14. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Probaly several reasons you don't find it-- either the link he posted or more likely just because he was a rather nasty guy -- somebody deleted his post -- QUICKLY !! He only registered to shout at us anyway -- he even said so & only had about 4 -5 posts doing just that. Must be we have a Phantom moderator we don't know about.
  15. FiatFan

FiatFan Member

Thanks for the link, Lynn. I missed the original post.

16. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

Boss Hawg?! Never heard of him. If that's his posting style, not sure I want to, either. Sounds more like a redneck flamer than a modeler. :cry:
  17. RonP

RonP Member of the WMRC

Why are our daily conversations so valuable. Are our emails and personnal information safe.

Whats for sale and what isn't ?
  18. Mountain Man

Mind if I ask what your background is? Specifically, are you are modeler yourself?
  19. RonP

RonP Member of the WMRC

Always time to try it. And I am sure there a some experienced ones left.

I appreciate your work with the addicted. It is a shame mental illness has to be taken to such extremes, and as long as you do good thing like this, I guess I can appreciate your involvement as our host.
  20. Mountain Man

Thank you for your response.