What is going on?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Mountain Man, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

Why? It doesn't sound to me as if the new owners can afford the light bill.
  2. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

how did this news get to be common knowledge? I feel that I am missing something?
  3. Kanawha

Kanawha Member

Well, whoever here is still a mod, could you speak up at this time? I'm sure this will iron itself out but it kinda feels like standing on an empty subway platform at the moment.
  4. nolatron

nolatron Member

What reason do you feel you are owed an explanation of what's obviously a private matter at this time?

You're not paying to access this site, you're paying the mods/admins or anything. What's going on behind the scenes on an administrative level is just that, an administrative matter.

It's unfortunate to see so many folks leaving, but I personally am not expecting a "tell all" explanation as to why they chose to do what they did.
  5. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

I am not trying to get personal. Just logged on and everyone is talking about moderators leaving . Sorry I didn't want personal information. I enjoy this site and thought the future was in question.
  6. nolatron

nolatron Member

My post was directed to Mountain Man and another, not you. Apologies for the confusion.
  7. thumsup

thumsup Member

:eek:Can't we take it with us, to where ever? :cool:
  8. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

I think we can....The proverbial light is not site-specific....It'll go anywhere...:mrgreen:
  9. charles

charles If It's GERN, It's Good

e-paw, check your PMs.
  10. Mountain Man

First of all, if it's really a private matter, why was it being broadcast and discussed by each and every departing member?

Secondly, since when is the mass resignation of all of the administrators and moderators a "private matter", inasmuch as it affects the entire forum?

And lastly, what you do or do not expect has zero bearing on anyone else. I, however, hold the people in charge to a higher standard, and I expect them to be forthcoming in the interests of the forum and the members...or to say nothing at all.
  11. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

They couold have said nothing, and we also all could have logged on to find that there are no more moderators.

The only bearing the event seems to have on us is that we lost our mods. They told us ALL that we NEEDED to know, which was that for one reason or another, they were giving up their positions.
  12. Mountain Man

You mean they told you all you needed to know. In this instance, you cannot speak for anyone else.
  13. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Whats there to know? The mods are giving up their positions for reasons they cant tell.
  14. Mountain Man

When you miss the point, you really work hard at it, don't you? Are you by any chance employed by the CG outfit?
  15. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

No, I just believe that there isnt as much to it as you think. CG made changes, the mods didnt agree with the changes, and didnt want to spend their time/effort volunteering for a cause they didnt believe in. They for some reason or another feel they shouldnt or are not allowed to get into specifics with what the changes that upset them are. Your are just over thinking it in my opinion. What is it exactly that you need an answer to?
  16. Mountain Man

Yeah, I got that, but you're working way to hard trying to convince others of what they should believe.

Do you know how unusual it is for the entire staff of a forum to quit within one day?
  17. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Not trying to make anyone believe anything.
  18. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Easy guys!
    I may not be a mod here anymore. But.........
    Its like everyone's been saying. We told you all that we could say here in the public forum. We only left because we feel the way CG was going with the forum(If that gets me banned...SO WHAT!) and we felt that the new rules put on us mods and admins by CG was the straw that broke the lipsticked covered pigs back.
    We all(Except one) wanted to stay on as members.
    Telling you what you see in our resignations is all we felt we had to tell you, for at the time we all resigned.
    Its like someone mentioned above....We could of all posted "I Quit" and left it at that.
    Giving you all an explanation, or what little info we did give you, we thought was fair.

If I was still a mod...I would of locked this thread!
    BUT......Since I'm not.........
  19. Mountain Man

Welcome to the real world inhabited by the lower castes, 88. It's always been this way for us. :cool:

Have it your way, kevinkrey; I did not come here to argue with you, but to visit my friends and fellow modellers.
  20. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Staying here?? Seems kinda like you JUST got here.