WHAT IS BETTER?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Nitro Man, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitro Man

Nitro Man New Member

IS the Savage .25 better than the Savage SS? Oh and what does RTR mean?
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i think the ss is better and rtr means that it is Reary To Run. it comes with everything except fuel and batterys and it is completly built. u have to build the ss and it doesnt come with the electronics but it includes the nitro star s-25 engine
  3. Nitro Man

Nitro Man New Member

Is It Possible To Get A HPI Savage SS RTR?
  4. osbornel

osbornel Member

rtr basically means ready to rebiuld! get the ss kit, you'll know how to fix your truck when it breaks!
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

no the ss is abuild it yourself and the 25 is rtr
  6. Ya, I'd agree with osbornel on this one. I always like to get a non-RTR truck. After you get done building it, you will know exactly what you need to do when it breaks and you will know how to tweak it for maximum performance. My first car was an RTR and I ended up taking it all apart and rebuilding it just so I could find out how everything went together.
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i got my first car in january of this year. it was an rtr trx(traxxas) bandit and the first thing i did was take it apart. i like building them just as much as racing. i got that and now i just buil cars piece by piece without the manual and i have no problems but thats not cause i took a bandit apart. that is the simplest car to build
  8. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

I have owned countless rustlers and badits like monsterrcbuilder04 was saying there alot easier to fix if you put them togather. I can probably build a rustler without directions if I had a pile of bolts nuts and pieces.
  9. Ya, after you rip your car/truck down you know where everything is and where everything will be if it needs to be fixed. At least once a month I rip down my trucks just to re-familiarize (is that a word??) myself with my beloved trucks.
  10. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

re-familiarize -(noun) to re-remember how something is. Jshaff dictionary vol 12.
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

ya right now im workin on building a savage. not that difficult. deffinatly go with the ss it shouldnt take more than a day unless uv got other things to be bothered with
  12. Haha, thanks for the clarification Jshaff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.