What If.....

Stuart

HI..

What if you had to start again from scratch. Would you model the same scale or do someting diffrent..

I myself would do something diffrent and model some S-Scale, "Why" you ask.. In Australia this is a very rare and a small Exhibition switching layout would be great.

Stuart

C

Catt

Stuart, I model in 3 scales in two different gauges (standard and narrow ) and would probly do it all again if I had to start over.

msowsun

I have been in HO for about 20 years. The only thing I would do differently is not buy so many cheap engines and rolling stock.

Anyone want to trade about 100 plastic locos for a few nice brass steam engines?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I'd probably stick with HO since I like the size. I might consider modeling the Soo Line in the early 80's that I regularly saw operating near my home in the Twin Cities. Another possibility, and more challening, might be to try to accurately portray the steam era Ulster & Delaware, a small line in the Catskill Mountains that connected with NYC's West Shore line. I received an excellent book about this railroad as a gift.
Ralph

I would still stick with HO. After all, it has the biggest range of accessories available and as I model a lot of road transport, I find HO scale has to be the best catered for.

Jim Krause

I would and have started into On30. I'm currently doing a large area of a club layout in HO. I got into the On30 because small details in HO are getting hard to deal with. Some of you other senior folks can relate, I'm sure. Also I want to get back to modular layouts for home because thats what our HO club was originally. We suddenly found ourselves with a building and the modules became stationary.

shaygetz

I'd stay the same...HO...just can't beat the price and availability of inexpensive, sometimes free for the asking, castoffs that I come across. I was looking thru my latest Walthers mailer and realized the hobby has left me in the dirt budgetwise a long time ago. I'm as happy as a pig in slop when I find an HO junkbox at a fleamarket or yardsale. Check out my website and you'll see I don't hurt for it.:thumb:

L

lester perry

I am HO but if $$ was no problem and I had the space it would be O gauge (2 rail) But as it is I am satisfied with HO.
Les

kf4jqd

I went from HO to N because the lack of space. I am now in an apartment. I miss my basement!:cry: The G scale train will be under the tree again this year! :thumb:

Andy:wave:

Gil Finn

S is a good choice and so is G.

I have strated from scratch this year with HO and while being an O gauger for years lost it all to a flood.

I picked up where I left off pretty much but with a lumber and coal theme.