What I Saw At Walmart?!

Can you beleive I saw an Athearn trainset at Walmart in Madisonville,TN? I did!! I walked past one of the toy isle, I had to turn around. On the shelf, I saw an Athearn train set. I hear somewhere that Athearn and Walmart was going to promote model trains for the 2006 Christmas Season. The train set looked alot like a toy rather than one of Athearn's model!

Christmas IS coming soon,
Andy KF4JQD

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
The last couple of years, the Wal-Mart here in Torrington, Ct. had a couple of Athearn train sets for sale. Usually just the John Deere special, and I only seen them around Xmas time.
I guess the good news for Athearn(and Wal-Mart), I saw two people buying a set a peice.
I have bought the Athearn John Deere tractor sets at Wal-Mart, during the summer.

Union Pacific

Oct 8, 2005
Virginia
lol mike

its 5 min away from me and i'm there at least once a week :p ;)
I bought Athearns John Deere set from Wal Mart and still haven't opened it :eek: :eek: :) I guess I'm :sleeping: :sleeping: with my trains ;) \

Ben

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
For the past 3-4 year's our Wallyworld has had train sets from Athearn. We get the xmas set, John Deer, and CAT set which I believe is supplied by Norscot. I want one of the CAT sets. But they are more toy like so it gave me the idea of making my own decals and making a CAT train.