What I Saw At Walmart?!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by kf4jqd, Oct 10, 2005.

1. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Can you beleive I saw an Athearn trainset at Walmart in Madisonville,TN? I did!! I walked past one of the toy isle, I had to turn around. On the shelf, I saw an Athearn train set. I hear somewhere that Athearn and Walmart was going to promote model trains for the 2006 Christmas Season. The train set looked alot like a toy rather than one of Athearn's model!

Christmas IS coming soon,
    Andy KF4JQD
  2. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

The last couple of years, the Wal-Mart here in Torrington, Ct. had a couple of Athearn train sets for sale. Usually just the John Deere special, and I only seen them around Xmas time.
    I guess the good news for Athearn(and Wal-Mart), I saw two people buying a set a peice.
    I have bought the Athearn John Deere tractor sets at Wal-Mart, during the summer.
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I know wal-mart has a bunch of trains on their web site, but I havent looked at my local one.. Guess - next time I'm there. I'll have to go through the toy section :) :)
  4. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Gee Mikey...You don't even look through the die-cast?
    Thats usually my first stop. Thats where I found the tractor sets.
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

For the past month or so, I haven't had the chance :( I'll get there :) :)

It's actually across the street from me & I havent been able to get there :(
  6. Union Pacific

Union Pacific Member

lol mike

its 5 min away from me and i'm there at least once a week :p ;)
    I bought Athearns John Deere set from Wal Mart and still haven't opened it :eek: :eek: :) I guess I'm :sleeping: :sleeping: with my trains ;) \

7. brakie

brakie Active Member

8. KCS

KCS Member

For the past 3-4 year's our Wallyworld has had train sets from Athearn. We get the xmas set, John Deer, and CAT set which I believe is supplied by Norscot. I want one of the CAT sets. But they are more toy like so it gave me the idea of making my own decals and making a CAT train.