What I Been Up To Lately:Passenger Station Diorama

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Next I dabbed Folk Art Amish Blue and Folk Art Raw Umber on the peir.

adh.jpg

adi.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I decided to go over the pier with some light gray. I used Anita’s Quarry Stone to go over the pier one more time. I then had to use some light weight spackling to smooth out the area where the pier was to be placed. While the spackling was drying I attached the pier and smoothed out the ground.

adl.jpg

adm.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
For coloring the talus I dabbed different colors of paint on the talus with a brush. The order of the paints that I used is: Folk Art Clay Bisque, Folk Art Burnt Umber, Folk Art Raw Umber, and Folk Art Amish Blue. I did this process twice in the same order. After the paint was dry I went over it with a Raw Umber Wash (5 part bbwsf:1 part paint).

aeb.jpg

aec.jpg

I am not totally thrilled with the color. I feel it is darker than I wanted but talus stains differently than plaster of Paris or hydrocal. I think I am going to hit them again with at least one lighter color was mostly likely Raw Sienna and maybe a light gray wash. The last was will be a Black wash which will bring out the cracks and crevices in the talus.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks Robin!

Since I did not like how dark the talus looked I decided to go over with a wash made from Folk Art Raw Sienna (1 part) and blue windshield washer fluid (5 parts).

aek.jpg

ael.jpg

aem.jpg

Now I need to hit the talus with a black wash and then the turf can begin.