Fine Leaf Foliage
Dark Green F1130
Medium Green F1131

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Now here are some photos of my trying to figure out how the bridges will look and what I need to do.

acj.jpg

ack.jpg

acl.jpg

acm.jpg

Some things I discovered from this is that I am going to need to do a cap for the abutment. Also I can’t paint the highway bridge pier until I have the abutment finished because I will have to adjust it’s height.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I finally am getting around to some progress photos on the Passenger Station Diorama.

Using some light weight spackle and some wood I made a cap for the abutment. I need the cap to provide a flat even area for the bridges to rest on. Also the beams on the highway require a stepped abutment.

acn.jpg

aco.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Next I painted the cap with Folk Art Linen.

acp.jpg

acq.jpg

Now I need to set the highway bridge pier height and paint the highway bridge. I also can begin the other creek bank and the island for the trolley bridge pier. After looking at the trolley bridge pier I think I need to paint it some.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I have now painted and assembled the highway bridge.

acr.jpg

acs.jpg

act.jpg

The bridge was airbrushed with Folk Art Linen thinned 1:1 with blue windshield washer fluid. The beams were airbrushed with Folk Art Amish Blue thinned 1:1 with blue windshield washer fluid.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Next I weathered the bridge and added the double yellow lines.

acu.jpg

acv.jpg

acw.jpg

I weathered the pavement by:
Painting it with Folk Art Licorice thinned 1:1 with blue windshield wiper fluid.
Wiping off the paint with a paper towel.
Painting it with Folk Art Linen thinned 1:1 with blue windshield wiper fluid.
Wiping off the paint with a paper towel.
I then added the yellow lines with a yellow paint pen that I traced along a beveled ruler.
Next using Folk Art Light Gray I added some concrete patches.
With Folk Art Licorice I added some oil droppings.

The beams were weathered by dry brushing Americana Burnt Sienna for Rust and Folk Art Charcoal Gray.

The parapets were weathered by dry brushing Folk Art Charcoal Gray.

Folk Art Licorice was dry brushed on the beams and parapet over the track area to simulate smoke and exhaust stains.

Lastly the entire structure was painted with a wash of Folk Art Charcoal Gray thinned 4:1 with blue windshield washer fluid.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I also began painting the trolley bridge pier. Here it is covered in Folk Art Clay Bisque which will be the mortar color. Next color the stones.

ada.jpg

The pink foam is now cover with plaster coated paper towels. Pictures coming soon. Next will be smoothing out the ground with a layer of plaster of Paris.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks Chris.

Right now the only trolley I have is a Bachmann PCC in Philadelphia Rapid Transit scheme. I would like to get a Brill trolley, more specifically an Electroliner. The area I am modeling is in what would have been Philadelphia & West Chester Traction Company, later Philadelphia Suburban Transit (Red Arrow) territory and they had primarily Brill manufactured trolleys.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Chris, thanks, I’ll never turn down a good picture! So if you got them post them.

I have Ron DeGraw’s book on Red Arrow which has a lot of great pictures also. I have a special spot for the Electroliners because as a kid and through high school I used to ride them on the Sharon Hill Line. They had character unlike the boxy, plastic-looking Kawasksis they run now.

I'll look for your post over in Photo and Scenery. BTW do you have any of the milk trolley or the hearse?