What I Been Up To Lately:Passenger Station Diorama

F

Fred_M

Railimages is currently down guys. They will come on later (we hope). Fred

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Finally I have a chance to post some more progress photos. These were actually taken at the end of June. They show how the diorama looks with some trees planted around and some bushes added.

june6a.jpg

june6b.jpg

june6c.jpg

june6d.jpg

june6e.jpg

I still have a bunch of details to add to the diorama. Also I still have the road, the trolley tracks, the creek, and some items behind the station to complete.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
After along stretch of no work I have finally done something to this diorama. I added some crates, barrels, and sacks to the loading platforms on the station. The detail parts are from Woodland Scenics.

First here is the front dock. Looks like the freight agent has had a busy day.
sept1a.jpg

sept1b.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
More stuff keeps arriving. The latest drop-offs are sitting on the rear dock waiting to be processed.
sept1c.jpg

sept1d.jpg

kjd

In most of the photos there seems to be serious shine from the roof on which a coat of flat would work wonders. It is looking good though.
Paul

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks guys!

Paul

The shine is most likely coming from my crapy light source, aka as an old desk lamb with a 60 watt bulb and no shade. I will hit the building with another coat of Dullcoat after I finish adding and weathering detail parts.

kjd

TomPM said:
Thanks guys!

The shine is most likely coming from my crapy light source...I will hit the building with another coat of Dullcoat after I finish adding and weathering detail parts.
I an looking forward to seeing it finished. I have learned that nothing says model like that just out of the box shine.
Paul

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Even though I am working on this as part of the Layout Party No. 5 I fihure I might as well keep this post up to date:

Ok it has been a while since I have touched this project. Part of the reason is that I have not been satisfied with the coloring of the abutment rocks or the creek wall rocks.

Well I finally tried something with changing the colors of the abutment wall

psda2.jpg

psda3.jpg

Things didn’t turn out as well as I would have liked. Oh, well it is the season for do overs.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Also recently I have had some trouble with the trees. Out new kitten during his teething stage decided that the trees on the diorama were soothing, so he pulled a few up. I got to thinking that if he had an easy time doing it I better check things out. As it turns out quite a few trees were loose and came up very easily. The results are shown in the next few pictures.

psda4.jpg

psda5.jpg

psda6.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Since I did not like the look of the rocks in the abutment I have decided to start over. I have painted the abutment white as shown in the pictures.

psdb1.jpg

psdb2.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Worked some more on the Passenger Station Diorama. I painted the stone abutment with Folk Art Linen. This is the first step in recoloring the stones. First I have to paint the stones the mortar color.

psdc1.jpg

psdc2.jpg

Here is the paint I used.

psdc3.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Now I finally began recoloring the stones. I got this method out of recent Model Railroader magazine. Using a cosmetic sponge I painted the stones with Folk Art Amish Blue.

psdd1.jpg

psdd2.jpg

psdd3.jpg

rcline

Man! You guys are doing a great job! I think that I'll go back and delete my pump jack
until I get better at this stuff!