What Household Items Have You Swiped For Your Layout?

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Paints and paint brushes from Better-Halfs ceramics(She gets those real small tip brushes, great for LPBs).
Scissors(No Honey...I haven't seen your sewing scissors!), cups, glasses, saucers, bowls,knives......

I guess I'm glad she doesen't come to this forum........

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I'm really good about these things---but---you know how the Mrs. decorates the tops of the kitchen cabinets with antique pots and bowls and teakettles and such...? Well there's this real nice antigue flour sifter that sets up there all by it's lonesome, you know, the kind with the crank handle... Great for siftin' ground cover of all kinds, knowhuttamean, Vern? However, there was this unmistakable grit to the Christmas cookies this year...:rolleyes:

The artistic creation and use of explosives catagory has to include my "Dukes of Hazard" explode upon impact arrows. Worked very well too, I might add. I'm so thankful to have come out of my early adult years with all my original bodily appendages.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Old toothbrushes always end up on my desk for weathering; and I recently scammed three empty vitamin bottles from the recycling station; I figure if I clean them, turn them upside down and bury them, then paint them, they'll make pretty good small silos for a farm.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by rockislandmike
Old toothbrushes always end up on my desk for weathering; and I recently scammed three empty vitamin bottles from the recycling station; I figure if I clean them, turn them upside down and bury them, then paint them, they'll make pretty good small silos for a farm.

that's a cool idea!!

P

philip

What Household Items Have You Swiped For Your Layout?

Money! And lots of it:D

philip

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Bamboo skewers, measuring spoons,sciccors,knife and that's just lately. The electric chopper was not appreciated when it "disappeared" I only used it to grind some speedy dry and foam for trees.:D

Climax1880

Feb 13, 2004
At the edge of the woods
Visit site
So Vic:
Not only are you a fly torturer, a squirrel killer and a Grade-1 polluter you have degenerated to a user of subtrafuge to try and keep your wife from knowing that you broke her WHITE blender... what can I say?? I tried to warn you about the life of crime you were about to embark on but NO ... you weren't having any of it. Now you are paying the consequences!!!:D :D :D . Please, let me entreat you to give up this life before it's too late;) ;) ;)

I myself have NEVER used any of my wife's cooking utensils, her beauty products or anthing of the kind for model railroading. I HAVE MY OWN.

"Crime does not pay. The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. The Shadow knows HAHAHAHAHA" (It's better in person trust me)

Talk at ya later

JR

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
JR,...Will,....

I don't think we want to go there......

I must confess to using my wife's hot air embossing gun to dry newly purchased rolling stock after i clean it up for my use. Also, several years ago she bought a black and decker kit with drill, 'lectric screwdriver,flashlight, and skill saw, all with rechargable batteries. She found it on the internet for $15.00. she though it'd be neat to have her own set of tools, and technically, they're still hers. I just borrow them to take to all the shows so the club has some "power" tools available. Kind of like i borrow her "shark" vacuum, and her video camera for all the shows.

Hmmmm.........wonder what she'll buy next?

Watchin' 'n waitin'
Ted