What glue for card modeling ?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by TankChief, May 1, 2007.

1. TankChief

TankChief New Member

i have moved to UK recently, and local market is completly different from market in my motherland. So i need a little advice, what glue acceptable for card modeling can i buy in London and where :)

thx for advice
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Another Londoner!!! I remember buying my white glue from B&Q, and that's what I've been using up to now.
  3. Kaz

Kaz Member

Having tried several white glues, I have decided, quite emphatically, that Pritt KidsArt white Craft PVA glue is the best I have found, its a little more expensive, but I'm prepared to pay it. Get yours from Woolworths
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

5. frdbecker

frdbecker New Member

Try to use non waterbased glues. I had the same problems here in Australia, can't get all of the German UHU products. If the glue is not available at a hardware store, try shops selling scrap book material. The ladies using glues for all kind of materials, some of the stuff is also acid free. I have found glues containing strong acids start to discolour the glued edges. Bostik is making some great stuff as well, but not cheap

Have fun, greetings from Down Under
  6. Dave Treby

Dave Treby Member

My main glue is Evo-stik wood adhesive, a white glue that grips quickly and doesn't stain, but gives enought time to position parts.
    I use 3M craft mount Permanent adhesive for spraying large areas, typically for lamination where I need an even spread.
    Sundry super glues for attaching small pieces and non-card materials.
    I've never got on with the contact adhesives
  7. TankChief

TankChief New Member

Thanks for advices, i managed to gather all nessecary equipment (i'm only missing some quality blades) and im start working on Challanger MBT :)

THX again
  8. gwssms

gwssms Member