What electronics do I need?

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Rob, Welcome to The Gauge.

Could you be a little more specific....electronics is a broad term when it comes to model railroads. Please elaborate on what you want to do and we'll be glad to help.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I would suggest starting out with an inexpensive DC power pack that will later be used on a test loop, a cheap low wattage soldering iron, and a $10 digital multi-meter.

Originally posted by krokodil
First of all you will need a good music source to recover from different heavy problems occured during the construction.

:) :) :) :)

LOL! OK, to fulfill this, you will need the following:

A big stereo in the layout room
A PC with MP3 ripping software, and either a sound card with the output piped to the above stereo, or a CD burner and an MP3 capable CD unit in above stereo.
If you have vinyl, a turntable connected to the stereo and the stereo piped to the line in on the sound card.
A portable MP3 player for when the above fails to sooth the nerves and you need to go for a walk :D

:wave: :wave: :wave: Welcome to the-gauge Rob! :wave: :wave: :wave:

F

Fred_M

Maybe I'm visual, but I would buy a 32 inch TV and DVD player that says MP3 and CDR on the cover. FRED

F

Fred_M

Yes, that would be fine to run 1 or 2 locos in HO and several in N. It's also a good brand and I've never had a problem with MRC items. Good luck in you modelling. FRED

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, Trainworld not only have good prices but they are great on delivery too. I called them about 4 PM their time and they said the order would still go out that day... and it did. I've ordered from others and had to wait almost a week for them to ship.

BTW Rob, if you are looking for basics on wiring and other stuff, try the MNRA site, there is a lot of good tutorials and other data there click here .
I printed almost everything they had there to use as a reference and it cost you nothing but the paper and ink.