What Does Everyone Think About Ann Coulter?

Zman

Did any of youse catch her appearance on Jay Leno last night?

I think the conservatives should disavow her with the same passion that liberals are disavowing Michael Moore at this point.

These extremist spin doctors don't do anything but divide us as a nation.

And for that matter, I don't want to hear Rush Limbaugh (divorced three times with no children) bully pulpit about "family values" any more than I want to hear Howard Stern preach about "honesty."

Why can't ALL of these people go away to satellite radio so that the hard working proleteriats that ascribe to their respective extremes can spend their pennies listening to them?

Honger

I actually enjoy Ann Coulter a great deal... I think she's hilarious. Just my take. I guess you have to understand that she sensationalizes a little bit for entertainment value. She's not just a pundit commentator but an entertainer as well (and I think she'd agree with that statement).

I'm not a fan of Rush... he over-sensationalizes.

I do enjoy quite a bit of talk radio though, especially of the conservative persuasion. I'm not a conservative or a Republican though... I'm Libertarian with an ever so slight social conservative leaning. I'd hate to have to pay for such great listening. I'm glad the market supports such listening so I don't have to pay for it.

Honger

And just in case my previous reply causes any ruffled feathers (as posts with any kind of political implications can do) let me just say one thing...

I LOVE trains and model railroading.

Now, if you can't agree with that statement you just shouldn't be on this forum. :thumb:

shaygetz

What do I think of her? She and Condi Rice are the only women my wife won't let me go out of the house alone with. :thumb:

Blessings from a hard working proletarian and member of the Constitution Party that can't afford satellite radio ;) :D

Honger

Ack! The Constitution Party... the only party that has me reconsidering my Libertarian stance. Now you've gone and done it... got me thinking again. Thanks for the food for thought Shaygetz, I think we'll get along just fine. :D

Zman

"I think this is a model railroad forum."

Well, it says "talk about anything here." I didn't mean to cause any trouble.

cidchase

Don't sweat it, Zman, you can't talk shop ALL the time :D :D Actually, I
know little about her but what I read in Time. Some of this country's
liberal drift and P.C. seems so outrageous and ridiculous that we need the
firebrands in opposition to balance things out. Ya just have to take everything
with a grain of salt; we never get the whole story, only what the media choose
to tell us. Kind of frustrating sometimes.

shaygetz

I've actually enjoyed the varying opinions that I've found in "General Talk", even to disappointment when a thread gets locked for it. I don't know about you, but at our club, trains only occupy 50% of the conversation.

Hey, Honger, I'll make a believer outta ya yet :thumb: :D I pondered the Libertarian line but felt the C.P. best reflected my thoughts and beliefs...when I'm not 'bashin' out my latest rail bound creation. :p :thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
She's a conservative author and commentator. Personally I'm not a fan.

It is true that the General Talk forum is described as a place to "talk about anything here". Historically we've been pretty open to nonrailroad themes in the GT forum. Some, like this one, could have the potential for some strong opinions on either side. When controversial topics pop up I just like to rely on our member's interest in keeping the Gauge a civil place. Keep in mind that we come from all walks of life and will have very different opinions about politics, social issues, etc.....but we all have one thing in common, a fascination with railroading, which is pretty cool. So, I agree that its OK to talk about anything as long as we're respectful to each other while we do!
Many thanks!
Ralph

LIRR

One of the many unpleasant right wing talking heads, shes right up there with Pat Robberson and Jerry Fawell.

Not a person I'd go to dinner with.

jetrock

I made an unintentional slip at the Railroad Museum a couple of weeks back and referred to Mary Colter, the artist who designed the railroad china pattern for the Super Chief's dining car, as Ann Coulter. Total unconscious slip.

As to what I think of Ann Coulter, I think she's an idiot and would like to run her over with a train. I'd suggest the same for Michael Moore, but it might derail on such a gigantic mass.

rcline

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell ! I really don't watch or listen to talk shows, I go to work, work hard and come home to play trains!! I went and looked at the ladies photo and all I could think was, well, lets just say, I'm a man! So you say she is a smart lady and a lawyer?
Makes me wonder. :confused:
Randy

Will_annand

they should clip those wings.... :D

Actually we have too many problems here to worry about one bimbo on Leno.

Between The Gomery Report and The David Orchard deal, two out of three parties have proven to be untrustworthy.

ausien

Requirements for a politition:
to tell lies convincingly, to brown nose the right people, not to ask the right questions in parliment....

Requirements for a political reporter:
to reconise a politition, and tell it as it is...

from what I can see by reading her site, she`s neither just an opinionated women making a living out of her opinons. I would not cross a street to eat with her either...have a good one..steve

just my two cents worth, and can I get change?...

"What Does Everyone Think About Ann Coulter?"

Right-wing idealogue with the same basic talents of a parrot: Can only repeat what it's heard and leaves a pile of crap in it's wake.

For right wing entertainment, I suggest the Sludge Report. His fiction writers at least show some degree of originality.

However, I don't recall either of them mentioning trains.

Wayne