What do you think

Hi all
I'm going to try to post a picture of a bridge I built while nursing the
wife after getting out of the hospital. I got the idea from Shamus after
seeing the beautiful one he built on his new ho layout. As you can see I
don't have his skills to say the very least but what do you think? I will
admit I am happy with it with the skill level I have. I placed it where it
will go and parden the way the layout looks as I hav'nt been able to
work on it for four months as the wife is'nt progressing very well.

Ron

Attachments

• Trussle bridge 1.JPG
    Trussle bridge 1.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 348

shaygetz

Wyomingite said:
Hi all
I placed it where it
will go and parden the way the layout looks as I hav'nt been able to
work on it for four months as the wife is'nt progressing very well.

Ron

I like it a lot. I'm assuming you'll be trimming the piles to meet the terrain once applied? Will be praying for your beloved as well.

Thanks a lot Bob for the kind words and as I write this wish I could be doing just what you mentioned. Just watching what you folks been up to has really helped out. Theres some great modelers here and great folks to boot. Thanks again'

Ron :wave: :wave:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Wow! That looks like a labor of love...and a very nice one! Keep us up to date on the bridge's installation...and on your wife's health. We wish her, and you, well.
Regards,
Ralph

RailRon

Wow, Ron, this is quite an impressive bridge! I admire your patience - there must be hundreds of pieces that you had to trim and fit together. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

My best wishes for the health and a fast recovery of your wife.

Ron

Thanks for the kind words guys. It is scratch built and took me over a month to build. I was inspired by Shamus with his new HO layout and the beautiful one he built. Needless to say I had the time and thats what it takes as there are move pieces then I ever put together before. Thanks again'

First off, best wishes for you and your wife.
Second, I wish I could do something like that. Thats really neat. Make sure to show us some pics of your progress.

Hi Serious Sam

Thanks for your comment. Believe me if an 66 year old possum like me can build one you sure can. When I get back out there is up in the air for now but were hoping soon. I'm going to try to post another picture with a another angle and hopefully a better picture. Thanks again'

Attachments

• trussle bridge 2.JPG
    trussle bridge 2.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 172
Thanks again guys for your kind words. Thats the 2-8-0 I was having problems with. I don't know what the problem was but it is fine now. The lube in it was caked quite a bit so it may have been a left over Model Power Die Cast. I cleaned it and lubed it but I don't think that was the problem. I'm just happy I did'nt haft to send her back. Thanks again'