What do you think of IHC loco's

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by paradisegunner, Oct 15, 2006.

1. paradisegunner

paradisegunner New Member

has anyone ever owned any International Hobby corp locomotives?......They look really nice, a tad pricey I think, but are they any good?...
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge:wave:

I find them a good, reliable locomotive, easy to convert to DCC and easy on the wallet when purchased thru a reputable discount seller.
  3. paradisegunner

paradisegunner New Member

Thank you shay, I'm moving from N scale to HO, and want to get a couple of nice loco's to start my empire, I'll give them a shot.....thanks for the welcome, look forward to meeting everyone
  4. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Yeah, welcome to the Gauge.:wave: I have only one IHC loco, but it seems to be a decent locomotive for the money, and not a bad runner.

I made a few minor cosmetic changes to the engine, while the tender was shortened and change to coal.

5. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

I have a couple of them but they don't get used as much now as they used to. I have acquired some more $$$ locomotives which are really nice and they tend to see all of the action now. Also I am converting to DCC and the IHCs are not converted as of now but will be some time. As far as running goes I have no complaints, they may not be as smooth as some others but they are not a expensive either. Now that you asked I think I will get them out and knock of the dust and run them some.
  6. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

All of my big steam, Big Boy, Challenger, etc., are IHC. I am very happy with them. The Challenger pulled 102 NMRA weighted freight cars. A few more and it may have grunted, or started slipping. All are DC, and if that's the way you're going, I recommend them.

7. CCT70

CCT70 Member

Hey Lynn, are you sure you don't have IHC confused with Rivarossi?

I like Mine. They are pretty generic as far as the details go, but are a nice solid runner for the money.
  8. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

You got me CCT70. My Big Boy is a riverossi, the Challenger is IHC. But then, I think they combined. My others seem to be Riverossi/IHC.

Give an old man some slack!!!!!

9. AndyWS

AndyWS Member

All my HO steam (plus 1 diesel) is either IHC or an IHC OEM. I have no complaints, they have all been reliable and smooth runners although the 2-6-0 and 2-8-0 especially could benifit from some extra weight as they spin their wheels when trying to start much more than 10 cars.
  10. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Lynn, I think you've got IHC confused with AHM now too!! sign1 IHC's biggest is a 2-10-2, and they don't make articulateds!

I really like my IHC locos! :thumb: Their mogul ever follows the SP prototype I model! :thumb: