What do you listen to.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rksstl, Apr 26, 2004.

1. rksstl

rksstl Member

Just wondering what everyone listens to while you on The Guage?
    Most of the time lately I've been listening to railroadradio.net
  2. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Jazz Masters over my Cable TV.
  3. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Mainly Country music on Radio@Netscape

4. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Usually, I check around when I get to work early.
    Sooo... The buzz and hum of Servers, Power Backups, Fire Walls,
    and Switches.
  5. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

6. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

What do you listen to

Looks like I'm in the usual minority here, but I listen to classical music on my local PBS station.
  7. brakie

brakie Active Member

I like the oldies but goodies in rock and roll,country,CCR and the big band music as well as music from the 30s...I also like to listen to the old radio mystery shows..I really enjoy listen to H.G.Wells "The War of the Worlds" radio broadcast of the 30s and other stories of that era.:D
  8. I try to get my Windows Media Player radio tuner homed in on jazz/light jazz, but it has a way of dropping out after awhile. I like to listen to my jazz favorites (Sonny Rollins, Dexter Gordon, The Crusaders, the Adderly brothers, Rippingtons, etc.), new age stuff, and classical. Bach, Mozart, Brahms, Beethoven, Mahler, etc. I don't like to do model work while listening to my rock favorites....I save that for construction work around the house. ZZ Top, CSN&Y, Stones, Frampton, etc. If I listen to 'country', I prefer bluegrass and Grand Ole Opry oldies.
  9. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Let's see :) without going into too much detail.. :D

8:00 - 9:00 EDT Sometime in this hour, after I feed the cats & dogs & fish, make my lunch & set up the coffee, I'll sign in.
    most nights the TV is tuned to Speed Channel

9:00 - 10:00 Speed Channel - or Monster Garage

10:00 - 11:00 Speed Channel (Wind Tunnel) or News

11:00 - 11:30 News

Also - when I remember to turn it on - I'll have the Train Scanner turned on. :)

Notice that these are mostly "Information shows" I can listen while reading the chat screen :D :D :D

Which is why, I say every so often, I have "One eye on the TV" :D :D :D :D
  10. Lightbender

Lightbender Member

Oh oh. another Speedvision addict. Yup, I too have to switch over to Big Paul or Jesse. Rest of the time CBC FM gives me lots of classical with NO adverts.
  11. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Dave Flinn --- that's two of us, but I usually listen to CD's.
  12. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

My wife bitching. You done, what you doing, you talk to them more than me.
  13. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

psychedelic or 60's rock, followed by other pop oldies.
  14. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Mr. Monon listens to "Jon, Paul George and Ringo".
  15. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Now, I did get to see John P play in Indianapolis, jus tbefore they tore down Market Square Arena, which was, by the way, the last place where elvis played a concert, before exiting The Big Building of Life.
  16. Roger Wellman

Roger Wellman New Member

I usually just grab one of the many CD's in the computer room and listen to it, regardless of type (Classic, pop, Zydeco, Jazz, bluegrass, etc) ... but the main fallback is usually Country ... I have always liked C+W ... and have said for a number of years ... "If it ain't Merle ... it ain't!" ... meaning he's the best classic country singer I listen too ... and have always enjoyed Merle Haggard's music!