What do you listen to when modeling/running trains?

Bikerpete

Feb 27, 2005
Calgary
Just about anything...progressive rock, ambient, classical, jazz, or when I model the Southern...it's old time folk and blues. I have a small 3" TV on the work-bench...sometimes I listen to science, history or european football matches on that. The TV gives me something distant to re-focus on occasionally...it helps get rid of eye-strain.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
I usually listen to rock and roll from the 50s and 60s..However,I also listen to country from the 30s-60s if the mood hits me for country.Sometimes its CCR and the Eagles.Every once in a while I like the sound of the big bands of the 40s, music from the gay 90s-thats 1890s and the music of the 20s.. :D

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
Hard Rock - AC/DC, Krokus,Keel, Manowar. anything with a good SOLID, thumpin' beat!
Shortliner(Jack) 65 year old Headbanger! away up here in the Highlands
and if my lady's got the stereo up loud - probably GreenDay - Yeechhh!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
sumpter250 said:
Ralph,
If you mean Arron Coplands "Fanfare for the Common Man", I save that one for locomotive first runs. :D :D :D

Yep! "Fanfare!" That's what I get for trying to post fast when I should be thinking about going to bed instead. :)
Ralph

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hi All:
We had a thread on here "a while back" on train music. Y'all might do a search on that. I usually listen to the local college radio station. Free format is still alive and living there and accept for a few shows done by alumni they can't play any group that had a top forty hit in the last 20 years. Lots of new stuff. Beyond that i listen to two CDs my wife made for me with train songs on them or one of the 12 CDs a DJ down at WUSC made for me with nothing but train songs on 'em. Yeah, TWELVE. I had no idea either.

Later,
Ted

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Pretty much everything (although I'm a firm believer that Country Music is an Oxymoron..sorry, had to get that dig in :)

Right now I have the Soundtrack to Amelie playing again and again, if I close my eyes I can believe that I'm in Paris, but its inadvisable as I generally burn myself with the soldering iron if I can't see.

David, you mentioned Bulgarian Dance Tunes, that wouldn't be the Bulgarian Women's State Choir would it?

Graham

Multi-tasking

Hi All:

I really must be doing alot of multi-tasking! :cool: What I do most is talking to my friends on Ham Radio! :thumb: I also listen to my 500 channel police scanner radio. Yes, I do listen to Wisconsin Central, CN, and UP railroads on it!! :thumb: I also solder model railroad electronics and Ham Radio cables. Plus putting models together. I sometimes listen to a CD or the "regular" radio. I also surf the internet. Do some Instant Messaging on AOL and Yahoo. Watching the trains also gives me ideas to add to my website. Alot of times Jessica comes downstairs to talk. The most important! :thumb: :wave:

Andy :wave:

The picture is my desk with my radios. :thumb:

Attachments

• kf4jqd2005.jpg
    kf4jqd2005.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 44

CBCNSfan

Mar 11, 2005
NS Canada
Just the ringing in my ears tinitus I believe they call it. Don't get me wrong, I used to play the guitar, steel & spanish, keyboards which I no longer enjoy, and have lots of sound equipment the wife listens to. I have a radio in the train room but rarely turn it on because music is no longer a pleasure to me. My hearing damage came from loud noise in the work place. The quiet is nice and I do enjoy that. Now train sounds being in the lower frequencies I can hear so I can always turn on a sound system and enjoy that :D
Cheers Willis