What do you do?

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by ezdays, Dec 30, 2005.

1. kmorris

kmorris Member

chief geek for a federal government contractor
  2. wdsrwg

wdsrwg Member

Family business (industrial metal finishing) for 20 years until we watched it burn down one day. For 12 or so just putting food on the table. But now, :D Me and the oldest son are running with a full head of steam in our satellite communications business!!! :thumb:

Riches to Rags and back to somewhere in between.

I really love this country!

Hill Country of Western Wisconsin
  3. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

I refered to myself as a professional geek one time and a girl in the group was embarrased that I would say such a thing about myself. When I proceeded to tell her that being a geek was a good thing she sheepishly said "if you say so" and then ignored me the rest of the night.

And I make probably twice what she does and I spend most of my day reading web forums. And get paid for it.

It's good to be a geek.
  4. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Geeks Rule! 'Cause they're smart enough to build systems that keeps my airplane safe. I just fly it - which doesn't take a lot of smarts...which is why my flight manuals have so many pictures.
  5. coachsig

coachsig Member

Getting prepared for my 38th year as a high school teacher. For the first time in all those years coaching football will NOT be a part of it:oops: ...MD's orders!! Two heart attacks and "brittle" diabetes have taken their toll (of course, he said "High school football is killing you"..he didn't say anything about MIDDLE school footballannounce1 and one of my former players called and wanted to know if I could give him a hand). In the meantime, I will continue to accumulate N scale materials for my retirement and continue to 'lurk' on The Gauge absorbing as much info from all you experts out there.:thumb:
  6. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Coach - you can take the man out of the game but not the game out of the man. You can't fool us, in your mind you're doing double-sessions to prepare for the upcoming season right now I bet.:thumb: