What do you do?

2-8-2

I work for a company that builds conveyor systems and machined parts for the plastics industry. I do assembly and some light aluminum machining on a lathe that's older than I am.

max diyer

Jim, thanks for the welcome.

Don, glad to be here and check out my signature . . . .
thumbsup.gif

HPRL

I am with a company that takes all the information from those bar scanner and put it into information manufactures can understand and benefit. I do all the Alcoholic Beverage Products under Spirits/Wine/Beer. :wave:

Twiget

Electronics Tech. CPO retired in 2004 after twenty years in the US Navy. Now work for a large defense contractor as a Systems Test Engineer. Trains keep me sane.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Aloha
Tom

I'm a learned steam loco repair and foreman, worked with a track gang as machine engineer (Plasser) and studied in mathematics later. Since many years I work as software solutions developer and senior project manager ... until end of 2006!
Than US model railroading will be my prefered job!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
balloon6

Bernhard

lionelfan

Actually work two jobs, My main job I am an auditor for a transportation company, I work on various computer applications. My second job is in credit authorization for a tire/automotive repair business. I live in Parma Ohio (a suburb of Cleveland) The good thing about the second job is it is located next to the NS main line through Berea Ohio and is located appx 1 mile from BE tower, so I get to do a little railfanning during lunch and break.

abutt

Retired 13 years. Basically been a graphics designer (Yale School of Fine Arts) my entire career, even though titles included, PR Director, Ad Manager, Art Director, and for the last 24 years of my career, VP & Creative Director for a mid-sized design/printing firm.

I love to build. And have modeled in about all mediums. Have been a model railroader for 40 years. My current layout is the Central New England in HO and my fourth model railroad. I always think my experience has resulted in my making most of the mistakes one can make...but happily I'm still making them and learning.

who_dat73

I have had many many jobs my first real job was as a nursing assistant in high schoole then here there and everywhere burger joints, packing houses, bars,worked in a residental facility for the handicapped was to much like the nursing home I got burned out on caring so much for the residents then they would pass away couldnt take it any more.
Dont deal well with death to well to this day.
Could never find the job for me.
Then I started working in a metal recycling facility "Scrap Yard" as a peon 5 years later I am the yard foreman and hate my job but it buys my RR stuff :thumb: so I cant argue with it to much!!!

Goattee

Very interesting thread. If I counted right “CSXENGINEER””MODELSOF1900” and I are the only ones who have actually worked on the railroads.
I spent 37 years with the IC/CN as a machinist.

Goat

hooknlad

I have a very boring life - lol - I did the volunteer fire dept. thingy for 15 years, until all the political beaurocracy set it. I have an a Masters in Electrical Engineering. I work as an "Imagineer for a very large Electrical Contractor. Living in back pain - severe. Staying outta trubble in New Jersey, working on My Railroad.:thumb:

davidstrains

After 11 years of Air Force Communications and Missile Crew Commander, I went into Federal Government (General Services Administration) in the Federal Telecommunications Program. Retired after 33 years and am now working, partime, with an IT firm in Maryland, doing consulting and federal contract development work for small businesses.

UPJunkie

I do

Firefighter (paid Volunteer)
Run a Mechanic shop (I'm the Owner/Operator)
Help my friend wire houses
Build Web Sites

I don't have time for anyting eles

Sir_Prize

In July of '06 would be 9 yrs as an I.T. Tech (official title, has nothing to do with the tidal wave of what I do.) for a small community in Southwest FL. Before that had 3 yrs at a Mom & Pop Computer Repair place; Mom found how much Pop made, then I got laid off due to lack of funds. Go figure!
Gett'n burned out with the Stupidity of Government management... thinking of some other job or place...
Interesting reading about each of you fine people.

DOUBLEJK

Well as a newbie here this looked like a good place ta get goin'....

I'm a Farmer Rancher by day n a H.E.O. by evenin's n night's....been werkin' at a rotary coal dumper here since 1978.....bout ready ta retire....hense my ambition ta build a model RR....:wave:

storm

well i am a Golf Pro in toronto canada. durning the winter i work at my LHS panther hobbies. if anyone in toronto needs golf lessons let me know.

steamhead

Hey!!

Great thread! From the farm to University professors, truck drivers, boat Captains (with built-in RR's), IT techs, and on and on...Goes to show the widely varied kind of people who love trains!!

I've been in furniture manufacturing all my "economically active" life, going on some 30+ years now. Love the work-the smell of sawn wood everywhere. Though stuck in an office most of the day, a trip to the mill gets my spirits back up. Been thinking of going into home construction (more wood...).

Gus (LC&P).

L

lester perry

Yard Jockey (shunt driver to you Canadians)at Chrysler plant in Newark Delaware. They won't let me out the gate with the truck. Been doing this for almost 20 years, need 10 more. No desperatly need 10 more. Been driveing truck for most of my life.