What do you all think of the Proto 2000 products ?

vanda32547

Jun 4, 2002
Miami Florida
www.geocities.com
What do you all think of the Proto 2000 series of DCC diesels? I am thinking of buying a DCC with sound Sante Fe E6 A & B unit and wondered if any of you have any experience with the Proto 2000 DCC units? How do they run? Are they reliable? Do they run quiet or noisy? I am using the MRC Prodogy Advance DCC system on my layout.

As a secondary question when were the Sante Fe E6's introduced, manufactured and by whom?

Thanks in advance for any info you may provide,

onceler

Aug 13, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I have 2 Proto 2000 GP9's (1 sound / 1 without) and I love them. Quiet and smooth. I have seen Proto E- series units run and they seem good as well. I was at my uncle's club and saw a Proto CB&Q right next to a Broadway E CB&Q. I liked the Broadway better as it had sound (I am assuming the Proto's you can get w/ QSI sound as well) but it also had, IMO, a better mars light on the front (As I said, these were CB&Q, I have no clue if Santa Fe used mars lights on theirs).

vanda32547

Jun 4, 2002
Miami Florida
www.geocities.com
Thanks for all the input...

Thanks for all the input.

I ordered mine yesterday and paid about $175 for a Sante Fe E6 A&B DCC set with sound and am looking forward to seeing and hearing it. :D

Think I got a good deal since I paid a lot more for my BLI Locomotive last year.

Regards,