What do "WE" make with this and that

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
I just peeked again Chris, geeeeee, it just gets better and better.
I had previously thought American "Traction" was street cars a la LA circa 1920's, ie passengers boarding at street level. See how ignorant I've been?? :confused: .
Since seeing your posts and a few pics of 1:1 traction posted by others here, I get the impression those railbusses run between communities and require European type 'raised' platforms.

I just knew I would learn things when I joined this forum :) .

Errol

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Shaygetz,, let me know if those 5 coaches have a chance of becoming Interurbans:D :D :D :D :D

Hi Errol Interurbans where very popular in the early days of this centuary ,, and did a wonderful job of moving people and frieght.
There is a lot of history to read up on with great pictures and plans, in North America
Look at these :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• it085.jpg
    it085.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 260

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Great progress Chris. Is your club going to have a layout at the Christmas Train show? If so will you bring this beauty to show us.
I see you have an oweiee on your thumb. Want to tell us about it?

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by interurben
Hi Shaygetz,, let me know if those 5 coaches have a chance of becoming Interurbans:D :D :D :D :D

SSssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I've got enough to do already 'tween now and GATS w/o adding yet another bashing project to the list;)

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
I fitted the running boards in between the pans.
and decided on a dirty black /green paint job. the doors may be a slightly different colour. :D
let me see now,,,,, I got to fix battary box air tanks and all sorts under the body then guard rails both sides of the frame to protect the said battarys and thingys.
More later.:D

Attachments

• p1010026.jpg
    p1010026.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 305

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Now you've done it Chris, I've re-read your thread twice now, and I think I have about all the materials on hand if I make my own pathogram, uh, psychographs, uh, pantolones, uh, you know what I mean. Anyway, now I'm drooling and having trouble finishing the project in front of it :confused: :confused: :confused: Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Are the interurbans usually standard gauge? Are they ever narrow gauge? Where do you get a cast front?

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
You realy mean it jon, we Hook ,,,you in :D :D :D :D this is gonna be super:D

You should be able to get them in the States look up in the model R/R for your nearest Traction shop. or give me your addy and I`ll check out my trolly mags.
I may ask you to send me some supplies:D :D :D :D ;) :p
You can always cut out like I did , it`s (dare I say it) very
prototipical:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:
if you need a helping hand ,give me a shout.:p