What did you do this weekend?

What did you do this weekend ? I built a mountain:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Another question : does any one else build a layout like me?
Being more interested in scenery than in running trains ,I build a section at a time and do the full scene before moving on, the tracks are laid as I progress
So this weekend I built the section that will lead onto the trestle that I will start tomorrow
Now I have to make the water fall....any suggestions

Attachments

• back creek.jpg
    back creek.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 119

ezdays

Out AZ way
Impressive Jimmy.

To answer your question, right now I'm on my first layout and I'm going kinda hodge-podge. I laid all my track and painted it first. Then I did the ballasting, scenery and some of the structures in a smal part of it so that I could take pictures when the Gauge car arrived. I am now just finishing off my ballasting so I can run trains on it once again. The rest will get finished an area at a time, even to the point that I will redo some of what I already thought was finished.

Like you, I am more interested in the scenery than trains right now, but I want to be sure they will run without having to tear up some track. I guarantee you, I'll have something that won't be right and better I find out now than later.:rolleyes:

Don

interurban

Thats a great job on the mountain jimmybeersa.
I got a bit of road and pavement painted also a wall.
This is the wall.;)

Attachments

• p8030018.jpg
    p8030018.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 108

jon-monon

What did you do this weekend?

Gee, I didn't have 1/100th the fun you did! I let 1 bolt on an MGB motor mount kick my (_!_) for three hours, and that was going back on! Seems the boys at Abbington thought that motor mount would last forever, since they ran the steering shaft right through the middle of it. On the up side, it did last 25 years or so and I have several wrenches I fabricated in hte process, so next time should only take 2 hours and 45 minutes going on.

Beautiful modeling again, Jimmy! This is becoming a habbit :D :D :D A good habbit at that! I'm in the same boat as you Jimmy, that I love doing the modeling and actual running of trains is secondary. However, I like having a train running around and occasionally biting my elbow as I work, so I put at least some track down in a loop first.

I am hoping my layout takes 20 years to complete, so I don't have to tear it down and start over until I retire and we move to the Philippines. :D :D :D

K.V.Div

That is one good looking mountain Jimmy:cool: :) :cool: :). Outstanding work.
I have made many rivers and fast flowing creeks, however, I have yet to make a waterfall, so keep us posted!
Cheers!

Terry

Sir_Prize

Congrats, Light Horseman!!
Best wishes and prayers for the new homestead!
Whens the operating session on the new layout?:p ;)
:D :D

They say one of the most stressful things in your life is moving house.Idid so 2years ago(after having lived in the same house for 38 years) and my only regret is not having my machine shop operational as yet.hope the move goes well

Chris....Best ride for the price (60c) I ever had was on the Charles Street track in New Orleans, The street car takes you though some of the best looking houses,which stretch back over many years. Enjoyed a lot of rides on vintage street cars at the
Radial Railway near Toronto. One of my loves is Trams.....grew up in Johannesburg which had trams running until the early 50's
one of the best ways to see Hong Kong is on the Tram, good old double deckers......Ah! for the good old days
Liked you photo's

CN1

This last weekend I had a fantastic BBQ and some nice, cold "beverages". No work on my layout until fall.

interurban

Thanks Jeff , and Jimmy.
Yes I love trams as well ,,, er you already know that?? Who told ya:D :D :D
The Toronto trams you visited was Rockwood Radiel Museum, They work hard to keep that place going I will be there for there Christmas "DO" again this year lots of fun with the snow flying and the wood stove in the station burning, it`s like a time warp.
The trams in Hong Kong are great My sister has been 4 times ( Fran Husband is Chinese) so I get lots of post cards :D :D :D
Arn`t they colourful!!!!