What detail parts would you like to see?

spitfire

The idea for this thread comes from the Atlas MRR forum. The question is, what detail parts would you like to see for locos, rolling stock, buildings, scratchbuilding, etc. How about vehicles and figures?

For me, it would be:

- more 1940's - 1950's cars and buses, ie Greyhound "silversides", 50's era Pontiacs with that distinctive grill, taxi's (with a lighting kit?), some 4-door sedans, garbage trucks.

- more Preiser figures of children playing, ie squatting to play marbles, climbing trees, wading in the creek, riding tricycles...

- North American style streetlights - working of course, mounted on utility poles

- scratchbuilding parts like columns, cornices, pediments and steel-sash factory windows that have some provision for having the center pane open. I also think brick corner mouldings, to cover the joints in scratchbuilt structures would be extremely useful.

What's on your wishlist?

Cheers
:p Val

shamus

Registered Member
Me, - I need loads of chimnies in a variety of sizes and shapes. Just cannot get them in the UK.
Shamus

Pooh Bah
I need a selection of Scottish chimney pots. Those rolled up paper ones don't do it for me; I know there's a variety of them; and I don't even know how big they are!

Mike R

In HO, I'd like to see more cast plastic 1940's-1950's detail items, in NORTH AMERICAN design:
[Unpainted is no problem ]...
-gas station items like pumps and oilcan racks, tires ,etc.
-news vendor stands , phone booths & vending machines.
-switchstands and various sized electrical enclosure boxes.
-parking meters, mailboxes,scale-size signs and traffic lights.
-affordable automobiles, light trucks, flatbed trucks, buses.
-civilians,cops,firefighters,railroad employees.
regards / Mike

H

horailfan

Hi ya`ll more Model T`s and Model A`s and other vehicles in that time frame. Mini-Metals are my favorite vehicle makers and not many choices in that era. Jerry

P

philip

chimnies

Shamus, Are you still looking for chimnies? I can make em cheap. Contact me.

philip

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Modern(1990-2000+) American cars. Though Atlas sell Tauruses and F-150's, I can't see populating a whole town with them.

Modern office equipment- computers, fax machines(Ho)Prieser does sell some office details that could pass(I do have some)

interurban

Hi Val , all we can do is wish when it comes to Traction.
BUT.
we would like to see.

Good traction models North American of all types, not Gold er I mean Brass that are expensive as Gold:(

That is a BIG wish
:D :D :D :D

spitfire

Gary, I don't know if you're still looking for a cash register but Scale Structures makes a cast metal one, that comes with a paper roll - the kind that sat on the couter top - remember them?

They've re-done their website and it's much better.
Click here

There are tons of other detail parts there too - a modeler'd delight!

Thanks to Chris for bringing this thread back up to the front.

cheers
Val

Attachments

• cash.jpg
    cash.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 253

jmarksbery

Pigeons, N scale pigeons, I want damn pigeons.:D :D , and details stuff for interiors of buildings and such for all eras, more scale building material for N Scale, and did I mention PIGEONS IN N SCALE. hehe :mad: (it's time for my medication) :p :cool:

Russ Bellinis

One of my other interests is hot rodding. I would like to see someone come out with a Model A roadster in ho. My favorite rod is the "Niecamp" built by Bill Niecamp it won "World's Most Beautiful Roadster" award at the Oakland Roadster Show in 1950.
It is a "channeled" Model A roadster with a full belly pan and a midget racer front end. I would also like to see Alloy Forms market bags of engines. They make a small block Chevy engine for underhood detail in their 55-57 (I don't remember which year it is exactly) tri five Chevy. They also make a flathead Ford for their 49 Ford. If they would sell the engines only in bags, they would make greart detail parts for a junkyard scene, and I would not have to buy more 49 Fords and mid 50's Chevies than I would need in order to get engines for Hot Rods.

Steam loco drivers.

Wish they'd make them WITHOUT counterweights, so we could easily add the appropriate weights ourselves.

Bill S

Drew1125

More N scale vehicles...U.S. prototypes, especially early to mid-20th century...
I would also like to see fences, rails, stairs & ladders in N scale, comparable to the ones made for HO by Central Valley.

brakie

Val,I would like to see more 60s and 70s cars and trucks in N scale...Plus more locomotive details.

Tyson,I agree with you..LOWER PRICES will work for me.I suspect the robber baron prices will continue to climb
un-till we modelers start voting with our wallets.Even the discount prices is slowly but surely going up...I will end it there and not rant about the robber baron prices. :D :D

Duckman

Wish List

Hi Val, First ,off I would like to say that it was nice to have you over to my layout last week Looking forward to seeing your layout next time. Now for my wish list, I,d like to see more working streetlights,more people on the layouts. Most layout towns I see have a population of around 50, more people brings a layout to life, makes it busy and more interesting.Also seeing more building interiors done. lighting in buildings looks great too !! Much more to say but I have to go now. Chat soon. Duckman.:eek:

I would like to see Santa Fe number boards and brackets
for Santa Fe steam engines. Either plastic or brass is fine.
Maybe someone can tell me where I can get the replacement boards and brackets that they use on the brass engines from
the manufacturers.

Dick
Texas Chief