what cells???

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by monsterrcbuilder04, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

what size cells are used in rc packs?THANX!!!
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

In electric 6cell packs: sub-c
    In RX 5 cell packs: 2/3A
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

in the RX (recivers)i use Nicad 4 cell AA pack.

if you run an Electric powered car,it is often that you dont need an Rx pack.just the 6cell battery
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

can i use whatever cells i want or does it have to be the sub-c?
  5. mastmec

mastmec Member

For size, weight, and output, they are the best size, unless you want to invest in Poly cells (Lith-ion).
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

i saw those but i wasnt sure if i could use a regular charger with those. whats the difference between the lith-ion cells and the nicad and nimh?
  7. mastmec

mastmec Member

No, you can't use a regular charger on poly batts. There are just a few different ones out there right now, but as they get more popular there will be more choises of chargers.
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

ok, i dont think im going to get them they're a little expensive
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

cells for what?the reciever or for the motor that propells the car?
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

11. timrock

timrock Active Member

use what is avalible that you can afford.the size would be sub-c.you dont even need to know that.just get a standard 6 or 7 cell pack
  12. mastmec

mastmec Member

Tim, why does he not need to know this, is it a secret? Thats what these forums are for, to ask questions and get answers, maybe he wants to build his own packs.
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

14. timrock

timrock Active Member

you can build them yourself if you know how.i build them myself.i build 16 cell packs somtimes.when i run 16 cells it is actualy two 6 packs and one 4 cell pack.i connect the packs in series with plugs.this way i can break them down to charge them with an inexpensive charger.

my father and a few people i know who race build 6 packs with the cells soldered side by side and dont use shrink wrap.they use battery bars.and discharge every cell seperatley.that is pretty extreme.the chargers they use cost over $300.thats extreme too.with them chargers they can charge a 20 cell pack all at once.

what do you want to build?6cell packs?
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

6 and 7 cell packs
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

how many cells can your speed control handle?
  17. monsterrcbuilder04

i'm getting the streak so 10. right now im on the stock msc which i think i fried
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

i have two Streaks.they are good.so why not make a 10 cells pack?
  19. monsterrcbuilder04

i would have to rip it apart to charge it
  20. timrock

timrock Active Member

no you dont.just use four Power Pole connectors.two on a 4 cell pack and 2 on a 6 cell pack. charge them seperatly.then what you do is connect + from the 6cell pack to the - of the 4cell pack.then you have a + and -.connect that to the speed control.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.