What are your favorite ?

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by NOBI, Apr 22, 2005.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi there,

I think everybody have a favorite model or subject in your mind. some available in market some not available in market. i have my favorite model or subject in my mind too. i like to see a big F-16 show in my working room. so i think Halinski's F-16 is my choice and i bought it already from Spishop (thank you very much Joseph for a very good price for that model include vacuum canopy too) i think to increase that F-16 to 1/24 before build but no time to scan it yet (my scanner is broken and not purchase new one yet...so project not begin until i got a new scanner or someone kind enough to scan it for me hehe)

another model i want to see is F-5E. why F-5E? because RTAF (Royal Thai Air Force) have this F-5E. :) MM (Maly Modelarz) have F-5 too but detail is no good also with some publication name "Design" or something like that have F-5 too but i dont like that scheme so i thinking to make a detail F-5E with my own design. how deep of detail i want in my design? i want to show nose's gun and complete cockpit and seat also with engine :) but project still on hold because my eye still need to rest more and more.

about WW2 model i would like to have JU-88 hang from my cieling. Halinski's JU-88C is my target but im not purchase it yet. i dont like a fake glass nose but i like that winter scheme and price of that model make me hard to decision. i got GPM's JU-88 A4 from hobbyfactory thank you very much Jason :)...difficulty level is 3 from 3 make me hard to decide to assemble it or not. detail of model make me really want to assemble

so what about your? i think u will have cool model in your mind...
  2. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

favorite ideas...

why not a ju 188? long span? keep recoverin' brother, cheers, c.b.
  3. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Hummm...KC-135, Tu-160, Tu-142, Tu-22 (not 22M), Tu-16...these would make me happy...for now. 8v)
  4. silverw

silverw Member

Avro Arrow...

Yup, I have a favorite!!

The AVRO ARROW!!!

I don't know why.... but I am really facinated about this machine!!

I did a 'quicky" design... and threw it out for 'free' to see what the response was....... well, same as usuall,.....

I was thinking of building a "REAL" model... maybe 1/33 is better if it's a little bigger??!! But, no response, so... I don't know what to fix on the original one...
  5. Rafael

Rafael New Member

Nobi - I'm not sure but maybe Northorp F-5 was published by Hobby Model. But I'm sure that GELI published F-5A in 1:33 scale...
    What about my favourite? It is Lockheed P-38 Lightning - it was published many times - in Maly Modelarz, Fly Model, Halinski... :D
  6. Bernie

Bernie Member

Hi all, if discussion over here is not turning only aroung jets, can add my favourites:

- Modelik´s - Hummer Ambulance, M35 A2 1/2 /have got both of them in archive/

and I have in my mind large project of Buggyra Expedition trip from Prague to Saudi Arabia to Show Buggyra race trucks on open trailor - pulled by MAN truck /MAN available in other colour design - need to adjust, Buggyra race trucks not available yet/
  7. Ron

Ron Member

I'd go absolutely nuts for a 1:24 or 1:16 Albatros DIII :shock:. Next in line would have to be Roy Brown's Sopwith Camel in the same scale......

What wishful thinking!

8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Bernie, have you seen the 1:50 Parodia Buggyra race truck?

I agree, more and different trucks

cars too :D

9. tino

tino Member

F16, Bf 109 g6, A7 Corsair II, P 39, He 111, P 47, B17, B24, He 177, Puma Helicopter, Bismarck, Schnellboat, only to name some...
  10. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

I would die to see what Halinski could do with a B-17. A nice model of a T-6 Texan would be cool too. A 1/16 scale A6M2 Zero would be awesome also.
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I'm a big fan of the first and second generation of jets. A 1/32 scale F-100 Super Sabre would be really cool!

I loved the Supermarine Attacker....... great scale, and the Ouragan was fantastic!

I would also like to see a 1/32 Hawker Sea Hawk and a Hunter F.6.

Again I have a thing for those 1950 planes!

12. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

I 'd like to second John, but in tail hooks. The old cougars, panthers, and the original seafury, and the early British sea venoms and vixens.
  13. Darwin

Darwin Member

Aircraft....would like to see more kits of the experimental models from the late 40s early 50s....like the Pogo VTOL (I assume the wish list is for models to current quality levels, so the Maly version is out, even if I could finally connect with the CD). Also would like to see some Golden Age military, like the various Curtiss Hawk bipes and the Martin B-10. How about a Shrike? Ships....would give my firstborn for a good 200 scale model of the Langley. Vehicles....just about any NASCAR subjects. And how about some the C modifieds from the 60s, like the Mecham Lola or Cheetah? Maybe even a Shelby Cobra?
  14. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Yes Darwin, a Shelby Cobra would be awesome. There are basically no published models of civilian cars. Joseph sells a few, but no American cars. I would love to see any of the old American Muscle cars put into paper. Also, maybe some shiny red Italian stallions? Ferrari 250 GTO? Beautiful car!! Only 39 made I believe, and from what I have read only 37 remain. Apparently one was actioned off for 15 million in 1997!! :shock: I've started saving for mine while I'm still young :wink: .

Anyways, back on topic, I also like many of the 1950sish jets. My grandpa flew, among many others, F-86s. The Fly Model version of the kit doesn't look bad, but my guess is that it could have more detail. Also, a 1/33 very detailed F-80 Shooting Star would look amazing. I am bad with naming and identifying planes from that era, but almost all of them have a sleekness that I really love.
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Ted,

I agree with you. I thought I was the only tail hook guy around here........Panther.....Skyknight....Tracker....Savage.......Sky Warrior.......Vigillante......Fury....I want them all!

But a 1/32 Banshee would also be wonderful!
  16. Gil

Gil Active Member

Vought UO-1 and Thomas-Morse SH-4...,

In fact I've been working on the UO-1 for some time now and hopefully haven't lost the files. The SH-4 looks like a delicate JN-4 with a single float. Research on the SH-4 has so far provided exactly two pictures of the original aircraft..., both showing a different version of the same aircraft of course.

17. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

KC-135, Tu-160, Tu-142, Tu-22 (not 22M), Tu-16...these would make me happy...for now. 8v)

Oh...wait. I already posted my list.