What are your favorite SiFi Film/series?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by dersinas, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Best SciFi: The Empire Strikes Back. Featuring Yoda and R2-D2. My all-time favourite. Ever.

Best Action-SciFi: Terminator 2, Aliens.

Best Thriller-SciFi: Alien. No-one heard me scream in front of my TV screen. :cool:

Best Fantasy: Sleepy Hollow. Great atmosphere, splendid actors, marvellous sets, and and and...

Best fairy tale: E.T., Close Encounters. Timeless beauty. And Yoda and R2-D2 are with them.

Ultimate horror: Poltergeist. I love the Alien poster on the wall in the children's room (but hey, were they supposed to see that movie at their age???) and the Hoth playset. And R2-D2 is there (again; I hope he got paid for that cameo :mrgreen:).

Best SciFi TV show: Star Trek: TNG. "Macbeth" and TNG vastly improved my English! Best episode ever: "The Best of Both Worlds". Nothing has ever come ANY close to that episode. Nothing before and nothing after. They really should have saved this one for the movies!

Best space saga: Babylon 5. Or DS9? Hmmm.... No, B5. But DS9 was good, too! :mrgreen:

All-time Sci-Fi TV show favourite: TOS Battlestar Galactica. What else. No R2-D2, but Cylons. I simply LOVE it. In good times and in bad times. There is no comparison.

And these ones can be watched over and over again without getting tired of them: The Time Machine (with Rod Taylor), Planet of the Apes, Back to the Future, Iron Man, Spider Man, Batman Returns, King Kong (old and new), Lord Of The Rings.
  2. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

Far too many to mention, and so instead of re-list things anything already posted I'd add - Predator 2, Silent Running, The Black Hole, A Boy and His Dog, Dark Star, Total Recall (first version), Invasion of the Body Snatches (all versions), Repo Man, The Hidden, John Carpenter's The Thing and They Live.

Millions more of course but that's a start at a contribution.
  3. ducapacca

ducapacca New Member

Well, the original Star wars are obviously on top of my list but i really like also 2001 space odyssey and alien or the planet of the apes

oh and blade runner, one of the best monologue ever
  4. Diablo_Fire

Diablo_Fire New Member

I agree I would love to see a sequal of this movie.
  5. Diablo_Fire

Diablo_Fire New Member

There are too many to mention.

Of course the Star Wars and Star Trek (both original and next gen)
    Total Recal
    Starship Troopers (first one only)
    And many others
  6. Mr_Cookie

Mr_Cookie New Member

Stargate, and of course Starwars!
  7. kevlary

kevlary Member

Mine would have to be space above and beyond, shame they didnt make anymore, the new battlestar galacticas, as i thought the stories were realy well thought out and put together, and you cant beat good old startreck, icant think how many times i have watched them, they just dont age with time.
  8. kevlary

kevlary Member

hello everyone

It would have to be space above and beyond for, me, i thought the sets were great!!:thumb:
  9. b0bman

b0bman Member

misfits of science? one of the unsung series of the 80's. did anyone like the the series called "the dresden files"?
  10. jherazob

jherazob Member

YES AND YES! :thumb:

Misfits of Science was awesome, a comedic take on X-Men style superpowers. Intro:

The Dresden Files was very roughly based on the book series. The books are better (and so many to be yet written) but the series is charming and great.
  11. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Wow, none of you love Red Dwarf enough to mention it? Am I the only one?
  12. jherazob

jherazob Member

I have never seen it before, apart from one or two clips (i remember the toaster but i'm sure there's one or two more). It looks like i'd enjoy it but it was never accesible back then.
  13. gideon1962

gideon1962 Member

Anyone remember the time tunnel?
  14. frontkammerater

frontkammerater New Member

Heres my list. Im adding some other categories wich i couldn left away

Best SciFi Movie: Star Wars Episode IV-VI. Terminator

Best SciFi Anime: SDF Macross and Neon Genesis Evangelion. They both have a great collection of mecha designs and a plot ready for a hollywood movie

Best SciFi Series: New BSG. Specially the two part chapter Exodus from season 3 wich is like a movie inide the series.

Best SciFi Video Game: Starcraft / Metal Gear / Fallout / Halo. Cant pick one, they are all great

best SciFi Books: Jack Campbell's The Lost Fleet Saga. Still have to read the last book Victorious, still unublished in my language

Best Fantasy Movie: Lord of the Rings. And hoping to put the hobbit in this list when its over

Best Fantasy Video Game: Final Fantasy VI, followed by almost all the PS1 RPG's. They dont make RPGs like that anymore :cry:
  15. probablecylon

probablecylon New Member

Battlestar Galactica. The remake, specifically. The original is fun(and I honestly love Galactica 1980, it makes me laugh so hard) but it's like a completely different series, and I like angst and drama and all that good stuff that comes with the remake. Also, I'm a *massive* fan of Michelle Forbes and thus Admiral Cain. The Pegasus arc is my absolute favorite.

Other than that, Star Trek TNG and DS9, Mass Effect, Alien. I also have developed a serious soft spot for Warehouse 13, although I'm not sure if it really qualifies as sci-fi.
  16. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant

been trying to think of only one.
    gotta be star trek tos.
  17. b0bman

b0bman Member

finally! some love for the great Buckaroo Banzai!! as an unregistered Blue Blaze Irregular, i thank you
  18. sgt.prometheus

sgt.prometheus New Member

battlestar galactica

19. Marman

Marman Member

I would say Stargate Sg1, Voyager, and I know this had nothing to do with space, but The Walking Dead.
  20. piginapoke

piginapoke Member