What are your favorite SiFi Film/series?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by dersinas, Nov 1, 2011.

1. s3james

s3james New Member

Babylone 5 is my favorite, it's wonderful.
  2. Selezen

Selezen Member

Top 5, In order of preference WITH justification:

Babylon 5 - first coherent multi-season plotline. A novel in TV form with interesting, 3-dimensional characters who all developed during the series run. Proved that Sci-fi could be intelligent as well as entertaining.

Lost - took what B5 did and really ran with it. Although it was too hard to follow week-to-week on TV, watching the whole series back-to-back on DVD was MUCH better and despite what the majority of people thought I really liked the ending.

Stargate SG-1 (up to end of Season 8) - again, a series that concentrated on characters and ongoing development rather than visual effects. SG1 demonstrated that sci-fi could contain humour and drame without making it look silly. Took its time to get into its stride but once it got there it made it count.

Star Trek (TOS and TNG ONLY) - Well, it's Trek, innit?? It has its flaws and these days pales in comparison to some series out there, but it's still the Original Sci-fi Series that started it all. I'll watch them any time, but don't sit me in front of DS9, Voyager or Enterprise - they're not Trek.

Firefly - Again, characters that live and breathe behind that screen and that you start to care about before they get wrenched viciously away.
  3. nikkimomo

nikkimomo New Member

Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Star Trek: Deep Space 9
    Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, Universe
    Stargate SG-1 movies
    Babylon 5
    Battlestar Galactica
    Star Wars (all)
    Macross (all)
    Aliens / Prometheus
    Dune, Children of Dune

that's all I can think of off the top of my head

TUMBUCU1 New Member

i love starwars, far scape, FIREFLY,bsg old and new, flash gordon just to name a few
  5. seanluusa

seanluusa New Member

I would say....The Ender's Game series. really wish they make it to movies.
  6. zyzygy

zyzygy New Member

Alien-a true masterpiece and Aliens-the greatest sequel ever created.Firefly and Serenity. The Last Starfighter, 2001 A Space Odyssey and the original Star Wars movies of course. Look everybody the spaceships aren't shiny or pointy!!!
  7. dana franklin

dana franklin New Member

Star Trek and Heroes.
  8. blue2k

blue2k New Member

Alien and Aliens, also the first Predator movie. The subsequent sequals seemed a little lacklustre to me.When I was a kid however, I used to love Space 1999, and the Bionic man.
  9. dana franklin

dana franklin New Member

Star Trek and Babylon. I wonder if the old series are still available online.
  10. XenoMorpH

XenoMorpH New Member

All the Aliens movies (including the AVP1+2) are my favorites, with Aliens being my most favorite.
    Movies and series like startrek and starwars are also on my list :)
  11. mondo

mondo New Member

Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 , Stingray, U.F.O., Fireball XL5, Supercar, Terrahawks, Quantum leap, Lost In Space, Land Of The Giants, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, Star Trek, Dr Who are just a few that spring to mind.
  12. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

Thunderbirds! Marionetion rules!sign1
    But I won't forget Star Trek (all of them, movies and series), Invaders (remember that pinky finger?), Ultraman, Ultraseven, Battlestar Galactica (both)...
    If I may, there are lots of movies (not tv shows) that caught my eye: ALIENS, of course, LIFEFORCE (vampires from space!), and EVENT HORIZON (sci-fi AND terror...), just to begin with... BTW, anyone knows about a good paper model from "Event Horizon" rescue ship? It's awesome!

P.S. I really liked TERRA NOVA!
  13. DenTommes

DenTommes New Member

I love the aliens movie! I watched the second today.

Stargate is another favorite of mine, it's a shame thst SG:U has been abandonned
  14. bl1tzz

bl1tzz New Member

off course,,,,

15. Suddenli

Suddenli New Member

Great information…This is certainly distinctive. An stare upon those content articles and we are baffled. We’re interested in this kind of activities. Experts appreciate your particular hints, and evaluate your precious time with this. Please keep modifying.
  16. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

What he said :thumb:
  17. tvs_frank

tvs_frank New Member

Star Wars(4-6)
    ST TOS
    ST TNG
    Hellboy(including cartoons)
    Captain Harlock
    The Fifth Element
    Dr Who (Drs 10 and 11 specifically)
    RoboCop(just the first one)
  18. CF-FZG

CF-FZG New Member

There can be only one film:thumb:

2001 - A Space Odyssey

Series? way too many to mention, but just about anything from Gerry Anderson, Battlestar Galactica (both series), Star Trek, Babylon 5, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, Continuum ---- okay, anything science fiction :twisted:

19. pet1972

pet1972 New Member

Star Wars IV. - VI.
    Stragate the movie
    Stragate SGI series
    Stargate Atlantis
    Stargate Universe
    Fifth Element
    Alien series
    Riddick movies
  20. xBobble

xBobble New Member

If I have to pick one, probably Firefly.