What are your favorite SiFi Film/series?

Selezen

Top 5, In order of preference WITH justification:

Babylon 5 - first coherent multi-season plotline. A novel in TV form with interesting, 3-dimensional characters who all developed during the series run. Proved that Sci-fi could be intelligent as well as entertaining.

Lost - took what B5 did and really ran with it. Although it was too hard to follow week-to-week on TV, watching the whole series back-to-back on DVD was MUCH better and despite what the majority of people thought I really liked the ending.

Stargate SG-1 (up to end of Season 8) - again, a series that concentrated on characters and ongoing development rather than visual effects. SG1 demonstrated that sci-fi could contain humour and drame without making it look silly. Took its time to get into its stride but once it got there it made it count.

Star Trek (TOS and TNG ONLY) - Well, it's Trek, innit?? It has its flaws and these days pales in comparison to some series out there, but it's still the Original Sci-fi Series that started it all. I'll watch them any time, but don't sit me in front of DS9, Voyager or Enterprise - they're not Trek.

Firefly - Again, characters that live and breathe behind that screen and that you start to care about before they get wrenched viciously away.

nikkimomo

Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space 9
Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, Universe
Stargate SG-1 movies
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica
Star Wars (all)
Macross (all)
Aliens / Prometheus
Bladerunner
Farscape
Dune, Children of Dune

that's all I can think of off the top of my head

zyzygy

Alien-a true masterpiece and Aliens-the greatest sequel ever created.Firefly and Serenity. The Last Starfighter, 2001 A Space Odyssey and the original Star Wars movies of course. Look everybody the spaceships aren't shiny or pointy!!!

blue2k

Alien and Aliens, also the first Predator movie. The subsequent sequals seemed a little lacklustre to me.When I was a kid however, I used to love Space 1999, and the Bionic man.

XenoMorpH

All the Aliens movies (including the AVP1+2) are my favorites, with Aliens being my most favorite.
Movies and series like startrek and starwars are also on my list :)

mondo

Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 , Stingray, U.F.O., Fireball XL5, Supercar, Terrahawks, Quantum leap, Lost In Space, Land Of The Giants, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, Star Trek, Dr Who are just a few that spring to mind.

Rogerio Silva

Thunderbirds! Marionetion rules!sign1
But I won't forget Star Trek (all of them, movies and series), Invaders (remember that pinky finger?), Ultraman, Ultraseven, Battlestar Galactica (both)...
If I may, there are lots of movies (not tv shows) that caught my eye: ALIENS, of course, LIFEFORCE (vampires from space!), and EVENT HORIZON (sci-fi AND terror...), just to begin with... BTW, anyone knows about a good paper model from "Event Horizon" rescue ship? It's awesome!

P.S. I really liked TERRA NOVA!

DenTommes

I love the aliens movie! I watched the second today.

Stargate is another favorite of mine, it's a shame thst SG:U has been abandonned

Suddenli

Great information…This is certainly distinctive. An stare upon those content articles and we are baffled. We’re interested in this kind of activities. Experts appreciate your particular hints, and evaluate your precious time with this. Please keep modifying.

peter taft

Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 , Stingray, U.F.O., Fireball XL5, Supercar, Terrahawks, Quantum leap, Lost In Space, Land Of The Giants, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, Star Trek, Dr Who are just a few that spring to mind.

What he said :thumb:

tvs_frank

Star Wars(4-6)
ST TOS
ST TNG
Firefly
Hellboy(including cartoons)
Grey(manga)
Captain Harlock
The Fifth Element
Dr Who (Drs 10 and 11 specifically)
Torchwood
Robotech
RoboCop(just the first one)

CF-FZG

There can be only one film:thumb:

2001 - A Space Odyssey

Series? way too many to mention, but just about anything from Gerry Anderson, Battlestar Galactica (both series), Star Trek, Babylon 5, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, Continuum ---- okay, anything science fiction :twisted:

Mark.

pet1972

Star Wars IV. - VI.
Stragate the movie
Stragate SGI series
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate Universe
Fifth Element
Alien series
Riddick movies

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Best SciFi: The Empire Strikes Back. Featuring Yoda and R2-D2. My all-time favourite. Ever.

Best Action-SciFi: Terminator 2, Aliens.

Best Thriller-SciFi: Alien. No-one heard me scream in front of my TV screen. :cool:

Best Fantasy: Sleepy Hollow. Great atmosphere, splendid actors, marvellous sets, and and and...

Best fairy tale: E.T., Close Encounters. Timeless beauty. And Yoda and R2-D2 are with them.

Ultimate horror: Poltergeist. I love the Alien poster on the wall in the children's room (but hey, were they supposed to see that movie at their age???) and the Hoth playset. And R2-D2 is there (again; I hope he got paid for that cameo :mrgreen:).

Best SciFi TV show: Star Trek: TNG. "Macbeth" and TNG vastly improved my English! Best episode ever: "The Best of Both Worlds". Nothing has ever come ANY close to that episode. Nothing before and nothing after. They really should have saved this one for the movies!

Best space saga: Babylon 5. Or DS9? Hmmm.... No, B5. But DS9 was good, too! :mrgreen:

All-time Sci-Fi TV show favourite: TOS Battlestar Galactica. What else. No R2-D2, but Cylons. I simply LOVE it. In good times and in bad times. There is no comparison.

And these ones can be watched over and over again without getting tired of them: The Time Machine (with Rod Taylor), Planet of the Apes, Back to the Future, Iron Man, Spider Man, Batman Returns, King Kong (old and new), Lord Of The Rings.