What are you working on now?

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by Jim Krauzlis, Oct 4, 2004.

1. bunuel66

bunuel66 New Member

In progress...

Old model of Yak 9 1/35th , modified as one of Normandie Niemen. Lots of difficulties due to poor quality of printing and design. Wing fully redesigned with internal structure. Some parts added.
    Definitely not the best model I have made :cry:
    Let's say it's a prototype....... :evil:
  2. hwashing

hwashing New Member

I am very glad to show what model I am doing now.
    There's long way to go though.

And the Yak-23 Czech camouflage( easy to find in the following picture). Excellent design by NOBI.

3. Falcon

Falcon Member

FG's B-24

That's the model I'm working on at the moment. Another GPM B-25 Mitchell is also somewhere on my desk.

4. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Liberator looking good. Is it a Navy version, or what? - I don't recognize the color scheme.

5. pashlispaht

pashlispaht Member

What I am working on

Here is a photo of my latest progress on the GPM JU-87 Stuka. I am almost done, and I am looking forward to completing this model so I can begin the Modelik IS-2
  6. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

Here's the finished Phoenix. I couldn't resist adding Jimmy and Hardy to the background. "The design is perfect the only possible defect is the pilot". Or something like that. Anyway, I used the double stick tape method for the windscreens. Nice to have no glue smears to deal with. The rigging in metallic floss from the craft store and the spreader bars were shaved and shaped from bamboo skewers.
  7. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Really nice Phoenix, Cecil! Well done.
  8. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Now that came out real nice!

Great photo!! :D

9. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

Thanks guys, The Canford Frosted Silver paper seems to have just about the right level of beat-up look for this model.

10. Falcon

Falcon Member

PB4Y-1 Liberator

Here is a piece of History.
    The PB4Y-1 depicted by the model served with VB-103 stationed at Dunkenswell, Devon, England. On the night of November 12, 1943 this aircraft, flown by Lieutenant (jg) Brownnell, attached a German Type IXC U-boat noth of Cape Ortegal, Spain. This was U-508 commanded by Kptl. Goerge Staats of the 10th based at Lorient, France. In the ensueing battle LT. Browell and crew succeded in sinking the U-boat but the PB4Y was apperently heavly damaged by the U-boats AA fire and crashed into the sea. The next day, two oil slicks were spotted, about 5 miles apart. There were unfortunatly no survivors from either the PB4Y-1 or the U-boat.

Regards: Falcon
  11. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

This is my working on...
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK Nobi,

What is it? The Texan??!!
  13. Darwin

Darwin Member

Houw about a Tucano? Pardon the spelling...it's late.
  14. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Short Tucano T.1...available soon
  15. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Unfold job
  16. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

You nailed Darwin! Way to go!
  17. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Dunkeswell! Hey, that pic of me looping in a Stampe SV4 is over Dunkeswell! Small world. When I was there last, (9 years ago) they had a prop pulled out of the sea which they reckoned was from a crashed USN bomber. It was pretty badly corroded though...

Tim P
  18. Maurice

Maurice Member

19. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

This is what I have been working on for a bit now.
    This is the second build the first being a white model???

20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK Rob I'll bite......... what Russian airplane are you building?