What are these?

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by wdsrwg, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. wdsrwg

    wdsrwg Member

    I came across these pix while looking for more backgrounds for the desktop.
    What are these? There are better pictures of (mow) crew laying them but
    could not find this morning.
    The TIES, look at the ties.
    Seem to be used in S.W. states only but man, would they be neat on a modern
    era layout!!!
    If anyone knows what they are please post.
    Hope I'm not infringing on a copyright here :rolleyes:
  2. railohio

    railohio Active Member

    Concrete ties.

    And it would be much more polite to post a link to the photos instead of the photos themselves in your thread.
  3. Woodie

    Woodie Active Member

    Peco make a flextrack with "concrete" ties (or sleepers as we call them here). Concrete sleepers have been used here (in Australia) for as long as I can remember. Oh yeah... don't get me wrong there is still a lot of timber ones, but all new, and upgraded lines are all concrete now.
  4. wdsrwg

    wdsrwg Member

    If I find the link I'll post it.
    Wouldn't want to be impolite.
    I share photos of rails around the world so,
    oh well........
  5. wdsrwg

    wdsrwg Member

    Thanks Woodie, :thumb:
    Thats all I needed.
    Just thought might be a recycled
    material or along that lines.
    I'll check peco.

    Have a great day!

  6. LoudMusic

    LoudMusic Member

    I guess forum etiquite is different everywhere you go, but I've always found it helpful to have the picture with the text.

    I have seen concrete ties (or sleepers, whichever the case may be ...) in use in the United States but not very much. Does anyone know what the situation is here? Are they only using them in high demand regions or something to that effect?

Share This Page