What are the look alikes of the Bachmann GP50(high hood)?

GeorgeHO

When railroads mix the engines in a consist, they will designate the lowest powered engine as the lead engine so that they can pay the crew less money (more for the RR)

Triplex

The FP7 is 4 feet longer to accomodate a larger water tank for the steam generator. An F7 can very well be equipped with a steam generator, but it's still an F7.
Same goes for FP9 vs. F9.

And there's no such thing as an FP7B or FP9B. Just F7B and F9B units.
Some roads - I can't remember which - designated steam generator equipped Fs as F3P, F7P, F9P. Not a manufacturer designation, but useful shorthand.

Russ Bellinis

Some roads - I can't remember which - designated steam generator equipped Fs as F3P, F7P, F9P. Not a manufacturer designation, but useful shorthand.

Is there room for a steam generator in a standard f7 "A" unit? My understanding was the reason that the Santa Fe used "B" units for steam generators was that there was not room for both a cab and a steam generator in an "A" unit. It would also raise the question, if there is room for a steam generator in a standard f7a, why would anyone make a fp7a 4 feet longer than the standard a unit?

Triplex

I've wondered the same thing myself. Many roads had steam generators only in the Bs, but I know some fit them in As somehow.