what am i doing wrong?

P

philip

Please! How come when I try posting an image at 640 X 480 its kicked back saying its to large and then the kicker is losing everything that was typed in the message body. Its killin me!

:cry:

Arlaghan

Philip,

Check the file properties before you upload it. If the size is more than 70,000 bytes, then the forum will reject it. If that happens to be the case, and you don't have any software to reduce the quality, then you will need to resize it a bit smaller to make up for it.

George D

Phillip,

To resize your picture use a program called Paint. It comes with Windows. (If you're a MAC user, stop right now - this doesn't apply.) Click your start button to get your list of programs and go to Accessories - you'll find it somewhere in there.

Open your picture with Paint. Select "Image" (at the top of the page) and from the drop down menu select Stretch/Skew. Enter "50" in horizontal and "50" in vertical and your picture will be reduced to half size. Play with it till the picture's small enough.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. :confused:

George

P

philip

ok thanks

:thumb: wow now I got it

Attachments

• p1010089.jpg
    p1010089.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 201
P

philip

still not working

Jon: at 635 and less than 70,000 I still can't post ?

philip........let me try this paint stuff...............yeah that works to thanks George:wave:

Attachments

• p1010114.jpg
    p1010114.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 198

ezdays

Out AZ way
Looks like you got it. Just one thing though in case you or anyone has problems losing the content of your composition. Just hit the "back" button and you should have you work back again.

Been there, done that....:wave: :wave:

Don

P

philip

xnview

Jon : I actually prefer Xn view. Really a great freebie download. EZ....sometimes the " your reply" is there after using the back button but most the time it is lost. It seems the subject is always there. Any more I have been posting the picture first and then use the "edit" and add the paragraph. Oh yeah, Is it true Ruby Bagonia will strike a familiar note?

philip:wave:

F

Fred_M

Most imaging software has a place to adjust the compression used when saving as a jpg. If you try and save a jpg at 640 x 480 at max quality it will be over the 70K limit. Try setting the compression around 1/2 and your images will look good and be around 40K when saved at 640 X 480. DASH